Sunday, January 03, 2010

Here's to a new year! Bring it on, 2010!

It's that time of year! We're all making resolutions and crossing our fingers we will keep them at least until April and not March like last year. :) I've decided this year, that all of my resolutions can be summed up in two words....

NO REGRETS

Whether in my walk with God, my relationships with others, my diet, my words or actions, whatever it may be, I want to have no regrets. I pray to think before I speak or act and to make wise decisions in all the above. I feel like these two little yet powerful words encompass so much and if I can live by them, my life will be one of joy and peace.

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!..." Isaiah 43: 18-19

P.S. On another note, I have decided that for 2010 I want to attempt to read one book per month. I've always thought the idea of a Book Club would be nice, but who really has the time to meet with once a week to talk about it? I'm going to try to conduct a virtual one. Anyone interested? I plan to choose a book and reveal it the beginning of each month. I may post occasional blogs on what I'm/we're reading and then ask for your comments as we go. When the month is over, we'll exchange thoughts on the book and prepare for the next. Some books may be purely for entertainment, some for our spiritual growth, etc. I welcome auggestions. If you're interested, please comment and let me know. I'd love to know who's on board!

The first book will be "Fearless," by Max Lucado. I don't know about you, but I spend way too many minutes/hours of my day worrying about the uncontrollable and dwelling on this fear or that. The few pages I've read so far in this book have already spoken to me and I can tell that it will definitely be a blessing. Here's an excerpt.

"Fear, it seems, has taken a hundred-year lease on the building next door and set up shop. Oversize and rude, fear is unwilling to share the heart with happiness. Happiness complies and leaves. Do you ever see the two together? Can one be happy and afraid at the same time?....Imagine your life wholly untouched by angst. What if faith, not fear, was your default reaction to threats? If you could hover a fear magnet over your heart and extract every last shaving of dread, insecurity, and doubt, what would remain? Envision a day, just one day, absent the dread of failure, rejection, and calamity. Can you imagine a life with no fear? This is the possibility behind Jesus' question, 'Why are you afraid?'"

If you, like me, wish to experience a day without fear of the unknown and the uncontrollable, I hope you'll join me in reading!

Happy 2010, everyone!

6 comments:

The Penter Family said...

I'm in for the book club! You should start a seperate blog for that! Sound like a Great idea!

Anonymous said...

I am so in for a book club! One of my many resolutions is to starting reading again!
Alicia McGuyer

McKinney Madness said...

I bought the book about 2 months ago knowing it would be a great read and still haven't picked it up. I'm definitely up for the book club and will start my reading ASAP! Thanks for the motivation to get this New Years resolution rolling!

Emily said...

Amy,
I would love to do this! Great idea! I'll look for the book this week. Oh, and here is my blog:
johnandemilymann.blogspot.com

Good to see you!
emily

Gena said...

awesome idea- love your second blog- i think i might just get in on this too!

Katie said...

I love the bookclub idea!!! What a great idea...so creative Amy! Go get em in 2010 girl...you deserve the very best in everything and I'm sure you'll meet your goals. Thanks for sharing.