I took my computer back to Best Buy and they had it for three days, running it through the diagnotic process. When they called back, I was told that the heating element is corrupted, causing it to overheat, and the hard drive is going bad. Excuse me, WHAT? I took it in because it wouldn't burn a CD, now the entire laptop is about to crash??? Yes, that's right. I should have figured it, seeing as how I have the absolute worst luck with electronics.
The part that annoyed me the most is when I asked if they would put all my pictures and music on CDs before I lost my hard drive, their answer was sure...for $100. Am I crazy, or should they not take care of that for me? They did, after all, sell me a product that isn't quite living up to its expectations. It's the manufacturer's problem, NOT mine. But no- no can do. I had to go and pick up the computer, save my pictures to a flash drive, and now take it back. It has to be shipped off for repair and I won't get it back for two weeks. Perfect.
5 comments:
I would be so MAD... there must be a supervisor or someone you can talk to that will help you a more than that!
That is so annoying. But if it makes you feel any better, my Mac's cd burner will not work at all. In fact the entire CD drive is messed up. So I'll have to take it in as well. Luckily I have geek squad protection so hopefully they will fix it w/o complaining. But I dread having to save all my crap first.
I started a new blog to catalogue my journey thru scripture; haven't shared it yet but it is www.journeythrutheword.blogspot.com.
Boo! Hiss, even. Ugh. I'd be upset, too. So sorry for all the hassle! UGH!!
Awe Man, Amy! That stinks! I'm with Martina---I bet if you made a fuss over it and talked to a supervisor, something could be done about that. Best Buy is trying to rip people off! Remember when they were gonna charge you a lot to get a virus off and John sent you to a website that took 2 seconds to do it yourself....for free? Crazyness!
That is CRAZY!! They so could have done that and would not have taken any time. Not a big fan of Best Buy. Their customer service is crapy!
Post a Comment