I've been thinking lately of investing in some computer classes just so I can save a bunch of time and money when it comes to computer repair. It seriously seems like everytime I turn around I have an issue. I know Macs are supposedly much better and I should get one, but this financially challenged gal just doesn't have the funds for that at the moment. I have to make do with what I have....which is a HP laptop that's only about seven months old!!! UGH!
I love to download music. I especially love to search for new artists and discover new songs that no one has found yet. I always ask for I-tunes gift cards for my birthday and Christmas so I can spend time doing this...on someone else's dime! I was downloading some new songs a couple weeks ago when I noticed that I-tunes had a Norah Jones song available for FREE! Of course, I wanted to take advantage of this offer. However, I was notified that I had to upgrade to the latest version of I-tunes in order to do so. I thought, "No big deal. I probably need the newest version anyway." BIG MISTAKE! Once I upgraded, I was all of a sudden told that I-tunes now had no disc burning software. What do I do? I go online and try to fix the problem myself. Usually, I'm pretty successful. This time, not so much.
I un-installed/re-installed about ten times. I downloaded some additional drivers, then un-installed them when I saw they didn't work. I took the stinkin' thing to Best Buy since it's under warranty. The guy did something to it and said he fixed it, and all I needed to do was un-install and reinstall again. I told him I'd done that, but he re-assured me he thought it was fixed. You guessed it. It did the same thing. What makes it ever worse is that I can burn a CD using Windows Media Player, so that tells me it's not the disc burning software, it's something else. I took it back to Best Buy yesterday and the guy has no idea what's wrong with it. I was told that if it's a problem with I-tunes that their warranty only covers programs they installed, and I-tunes isn't one of them. I do understand that, but it's not like I-tunes has a Geek Squad and I can take it and have it repaired. Who is responsible for this? NOT ME! I left the laptop there and they are doing an entire diagnostic test to see if there are any software issues that could be causing the problem. My concern is I'm afraid I will be out some money here. That isn't a good thing.
Why am I devoting a blog to this? Because I am lost without my laptop! I can't use my new Photoshop program that I got for Christmas that I LOVE, I can't burn a CD that I've wanted to burn for two weeks, I can't check Facebook or Twitter, or People.com to see what the celebrities are up to! I can blog (obviously) at school when the kids are gone, but I don't have time to do any of the above unless I stay after school. Who wants to do that? This is a big deal for me! Plus, what do I do if they can't fix it? Never burn CDs again? Stay tuned to see what happens. I'm waiting for the Geek Squad to contact me as we speak....
1 comment:
I love the "Stay Tuned..." ha
Good luck! When computer stuff messes up and drives me up the wall! Very frustrated. Hope it works out for you!
Post a Comment