This weekend was busy but well worth it! It was our annual family reunion at my grandmother's house (Hellon to my friends who are blessed to know her:). We had over 60 family members present, some of which I hadn't seen in years. My grandfather's side of the family is HUGE! He had nine brothers and sisters, only two of which are still alive. There are a ton of cousins! We are all pretty close in age and always enjoy getting updates on what's been going on in everyone's lives. Some have gotten engaged, some married, some expecting children, some had children, and some had not one thing new to report (guess who that was....). It's sad that we only see each other once a year, but it's always such a blessing to be reunited with such special people. I was obsessed with documenting the entire day so here are some pictures of my precious family!!!







On a side note, most of my family is from the Birmingham area so my mission for the weekend was to find someone who could lead me to Taylor. I just knew that there had to be someone that knew him, a family member of his, a friend, SOMETHING! I thought I found one (thanks to Johnny) but to my dismay he was only pulling my leg. You have no idea how excited I was at the thought of possibly being able to meet him. Oh well, I was shot down. I'm still working on it though.... :)
2 comments:
That's a really neat post! I pray that our family will still get together at least once a year since my Grandmama died. We usually go to her house for Christmas, so I feel like dad's oldest sister will start having it now. I know that since Jarrod's Mawmaw (Wallace) died, we rarely ever see anybody from that side of the family. Enjoy your time...even if it is only once a year. You'll always remember it as a special time, even if you might not really want to go sometimes...that's how I used to be about reunions!
Oh those are the cutest little Morrow and Busby children ever. They should start a cute child factory.
Post a Comment