I went to graduation today. Sitting in the audience brought back so many memories for me. I can't believe it's been 12 years (tomorrow actually) since it was me sitting there in a blue gown with the funny hat and tassel. I envied the graduates today for that feeling of a new beginning, a fresh start, another chapter of life. There are things in my past I wish I had done differently and things I wouldn't have changed at all. There are things I wish I had learned earlier and things that I still shouldn't understand. But, the good news is I don't have to graduate to be given a fresh start. Luckily our God gives us lots of chances to get it right because I still don't have life figured out. I try daily to let go of my worries and live the simple life God planned for me. I say simple because I really believe that's what God meant for us. When He tells us not to worry and to lay our burdens down He means it. Why is that hard for me? Why do I sometimes feel like I am in control of my life (when I DON'T want to be) and I have to make sure to make all the right decisions and worry about the right things, etc. I've been reminded this weekend that thankfully, I'm not in control.
I ask all of you that read my blog to please pray that I will give God my life. I confess my struggle with worry. I am fearful of so many things and want desperately to leave it at the foot of the cross but for some reason I know nothing else but to carry it on my own. That robs me of joy and peace and I know that's not the life God wants me to lead. Thank you all in advance for your prayers. God is so awesome and I know He will deliver me from this burden and allow me to give Him all the glory. I hope you all have a great week. As for me, tomorrow is my last day of school so it should be just grand for me!!! :)
P.S. PLEASE vote for Taylor Tuesday night!!!!
2 comments:
First of all, I also thought about the fact that tomorrow is a big anniversary for the good 'ol class of '94! That is SO hard to believe. Secondly, I feel like we could ALL pray that prayer for ourselves!! I know I should! I will pray it for you, and me! Thirdly, I didn't realize that tomorrow is your last day of school! Congrats! We'll have to do lunch sometime over the summer...whenever you're in town! I know how your summers are!!
Great thoughts! I will definitely be praying for you. Love you.
Post a Comment