Sunday, April 30, 2006

Just Another Manic Monday - but not this week!!!!!

I'm off of work tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! Do I seem excited? Oh my goodness - so thankful.

Our trip to Nashville has come and gone. We had a great time. We left Friday afternoon and headed straight to the Convention Center to pick up Cort and Laura's race packets. Then we headed to Mark's house, our friend that was gracious enough to let us stay for the weekend. The girls needed to eat some pasta the night before the race, so Mark treated us to a fantastic meal at Maggiano's later that night. It was delicious.


We all got up early Saturday morning and Mark and I dropped Cort and Laura off to start the race. Cort did great. She ran the half and improved her time by 13 or 14 mimutes. Her knees were much better due to the cortizone injections. She's still in some pain, but not bad compared to before. I got to stand on the side of the street and watch her run by, smiling. The picture here is via Mark. He got some really good candid shots (just before he fell in a puddle of water - seriously)!


We went to the concert Saturday night. We didn't realize that the three finalists of Nashville Star would be performing. Of course, that would be the only reality TV show I don't watch so I didn't have any idea who they were. They were all really good though! Phil is a great performer. I'm not his biggest fan, but it was a good concert.

Church was at Otter Creek this morning - amazing service and lesson on grace. Lunch was at Viddles - oh my goodness. That food was awesome! But, it didn't compare to the steak and chicken kabobs Mark grilled Saturday (see picture below). I thought they were so pretty- I had to take a picture. They were delicious too!!!


Needless to say, we had a great weekend. I have definitely decided that I need to do things like that more often!!!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Nice blog! Yours looks like you've been doing it a while! I really need to stick some pics on mine! Have a good day off! I'll be trying to create an interesting blog later! We'll see how that goes!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

yea! sounds like a fun weekend. when did cort cave and get an ipod? haha! thirteen minutes improved is awesome. sounds like you gals had a blast!

Jesse Faris said...

Oh my goodness--that sounds like a great weekend! Whoever this Mark guy is, he sounds like a great host!