Thursday, February 04, 2010

In Other News...

It's been a little while since I've blogged, but I've not had much to write home about lately.  Since I'm bored at home from school today (have lost my voice completely), I thought I'd post the latest randomness in my so-called life.

* The Bachelor-- OH MY GOODNESS.  I love this show and I would be lying if I said I wouldn't watch it again after the craziness of this season.  I'm pretty positive that I'll be the last standing viewer on earth, but I can still say that this season is a stretch.  These girls are insane.  I started hardcore the very first episode, listing those I liked, disliked, and those in the middle.  There certainly weren't many of the good list, I'll say that.  I love Tenley.  I always fall for the one with values and Christian background, regardless.  She seems to be the best fit for Jake.  I also started to love Corrie near the end.  When she shared her convictions and we got to know her more, she became a fave.  Plus, I found out she went to Auburn and now lives in Birmingham.  She's now my friend on facebook.  I'm sure we'll become BFFs. 

* American Idol- I miss Paula.  Can I just say that?  I never really liked her that much while she was on, but I guess the saying is true that you don't know what you have until it's gone???  These guest judges get on my nerves.  Avril and her devil ears?  COME ON, AI!  I'm sad Simon's leaving, also.  I wonder if the show will tank next season.

* Remember the CD that we recorded what seems like forever ago?  It's finally complete and is in the process of being mastered and copied.  It's taken waaaay longer than I thought it would, but hopefully we're really close.  I'm very anxious to hear how it sounds.  I think we've learned several things we'll do differently next time around, but it was lots of fun and an experience I will never forget. I love me some ToneRangers.

* I am still learning how to use my new camera (thanks, Haley) and Photoshop Elements.  I took pictures of a friend's baby a couple weeks ago.  It was the first time I didn't shoot on automatic and tried to adjust the settings myself.  I have a lot to learn about aperture and ISO, for sure.  I found a great professional lab online that will print professional quality prints just like a photographer.  They seem great so far and are really easy to work with.  It's called Diversified Lab if anyone is interested.   Here are a few shots.

8 comments:

The Penter Family said...

WOW Amy! You have turned into quite the photographer! GREAT pictures!

And, yes... American Idol will tank next season without Simon. That is my prediction...

Etta said...

I'm so with you on the bachelor. And, I too think AI will go down without Simon. It just won't be the same. Your pics are great! Maybe I'll see you sometime soon.

the Wilbecks said...

Amy - WOW! You are inspiring me. I read thru the instruction book with my camera and decided I should stick with auto until I have more time to figure all this out. Those are fantastic...maybe I can play soon. And if not, maybe you can give me some lessons?

TOOMUCHMONTH said...

I LOVE the pics and I want you to teach me about ISO and all that other stuff when you come down. I hope you feel better soon! LOVE YOU!

Katie said...

Amy, your pictures are beautiful! Also, I am with you on the bachelor. Tenley is my fav too.

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Cute pictures, Amy! Those look great!

Shannon and Andrew said...

It was great to see you today!! Those pictures are FABULOUS! You did a great job. I love her hats too.

Scarlett said...

AMY! These pics are AWESOME! Will you PLEASE teach me how to use my camera?