Monday, February 08, 2010

Financial Fitness and Yogurt Mountain

Mom and I made the trek to Birmingham to visit this weekend.  It was Ladies' Day at their church and the theme was "Spiritual, Physical, and Financial Fitness."  Trey was asked to speak about financial fitness.  He used to do several speaking engagements like this, but that was before we knew him.  I had total confidence in him, but wasn't really sure what to expect since I had never seen him speak in this capacity before.  Let me tell you- that it his gift!  He did so well!  I was very proud of my brother-in-law.  It's very obvious that leading people to financial freedom is his passion and through that, he is spreading the hope of
not only financial peace, but peace that comes through God alone.  Great job, bro!

Cort had been telling us about this place called Yogurt Mountain that she had fallen in love with.  Trey had falled suit and shared the love, so they took us there Friday night.  OH.MY.GOODNESS.  I hope that there's a Yogurt Mountain beside my cloud in heaven because it was fantastic!  It's self-serve yogurt, about 20 different kinds.  There's also about 50 different toppings to choose from, including Fruity Pebbles, Captain Crunch, chopped Pop-Tarts, any candybar you can think of, fruit, gummy bears, nuts, whoppers, etc etc etc.  You help yourself and pay by the ounce...45 cents each.  It does add up fast, but the price is very comparable to TCBY, which I loved.  It will definitely be a must on the to-do list from now on when I'm in town.

These pictures were taken with my phone so they aren't very clear, but you'll get the idea.

5 comments:

The Penter Family said...

Cortney forced me to go to Yougurt Mountain too.. but unlike y'all I don't see what the big deal was... I mean who wants to eat fruit loops on top of ice cream? Ha!

Jessa Mullen said...

Yes Yogurt Mountain is AWESOME! And I love that you can even eat healthy there! Although there is temptation with all those yummy toppings! Glad y'all had a good time, hopefully next time I can see you!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Way to go Trey! That yogurt place looks yummy! :)

Etta said...

We have a Yogurt Mountain that is pretty new. We haven't been and I keep wanting to try it out. I'm going to have to get over there soon. Everyone says how good it is.

Cortney said...

YUM! It makes me hungry just thinking about it! I had such a great time with ya'll. Please come back soon!! Yogurt Mountain is calling our name!