Tuesday, March 20, 2007

American Idol Review #1

From now on, it will be my goal to post an American Idol review on Tuesday nights after the show. I watched tonight and have several thoughts I'd like to share. I'll also include my opinions on who should stay and who should go. Please let me hear your comments.

1. Haley Scarnato- She is growing on me. I think she's really pretty and has a great voice. She's improved and I enjoyed her performance tonight. I think she chose a good song. Overall, I enjoyed it. She did need to let the hem out of those shorts though.

2. Chris Richardson- He is just precious. His voice is so soft but controlled. He reminds me of someone-still trying to figure out exactly who it is. He seems somewhat shy...I like that. He's got pretty eyes too. He won't win, but I'd like him to make it to the top 10 so I can see him on the tour this summer.

3. Stephanie Edwards - She's incredibly talented but not one of my personal favorites. I didn't think those boots went with that dress.

4. Blake Lewis - LOVE HIM! I've always loved beat boxing. He's awesome at it. I love his voice. He's way cute and I think will make it at least to the top 5.

5. Lakisha Jones - She's great but I wouldn't buy the record. Personally, I don't think she has the "it factor." She sounds like lots of other artists popular today. The best thing about her tonight was the diamonds. The dog wears his diamonds too, remember.

6. Phil Stacy - He's a worship leader at his church, so says People magazine. I like him and think he has one of the best voices on the show. I think he needs to grow some hair though. He looks sick without it.

7. Jordin Sparks - As of tonight, she is one of my favorites. She's beautiful and her voice amazes me. It's so pure and strong. I loved the song she sang tonight. Great job.

8. Sanjaya Malakar - Wow. I just can't even get into it. He better be gone this week. Someone needs to loan him a scrunchy.

9. Gina Glocksen - She has been one of my favorites previously. Jordin is surpassing her in my book though. I love how raspy her voice is but she didn't sound great tonight. She was very pitchy. I hate the tongue ring too.

10. Chris Sligh - From what I've read, he's a worship leader at his church too. He's precious and I feel like he's a genuinely good person- from what I can tell from the show of course. His wife is adorable and I just love him. I hope he stays around for a long time.

11. Melinda Dolittle - Wow. She's amazing. I love how humble she is and how much she appreciates her opportunity to perform on the show. I think she really is as nice as she seems Simon!

Additional Notes:

What in the world was wrong with that little girl? Bless her heart. Maybe she's why Sanjaya is still there.

My pick to win as of today: It's a tough one. I would say Melinda or Blake. Jordin is really close too. I'll have more predictions as the show progresses.

Tune in next week for more American Idol Reviews!!!

5 comments:

Jesse Faris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jesse Faris said...

Well look at us all posting immediately after AmIdol...I just am so confused as to what is up with little Marsha Brady?!

Comments on your opinions:
Maybe Chris Richardson reminds you of Justin Timberlake and/or Jason Mraz? He's a combo of the two for me.

I didn't think Stephanie's boots went with the dress either.

I think Jordin will win, because she has widest range of genres she's good at singing. Marketability. So maybe I just think she SHOULD win. ha. In the American Idol pool I'm in with friends, I originally picked Blake to win it all. Who knows?

This is my first season to watch, and my husband nearly had to MAKE me start watching it at first because I was so not into the idea. But I have to say it really has grown on me. I am super critical, but that's all the fun, right? Now I am just as crazy about it as the rest of the world!

Anonymous said...

#1. Melinda deserves to win. She is the best vocalist by far.
#2. Jordin is growing on me vocally,however she gets on my nerves and I don't know why.
#3. The judges are too hard on Phil Stacey...he can really sing.
#4. Gina IS style over content (I agree with Simon). I like her but she sucked last night.
#5. Haley makes me nervous and she sounds like a choral singer. She knows she is pretty and she is using that.
#6. Beat boxer guy is talented but not the best vocalist. I like him though.
#7. Justin Timberlake Jr. is getting better. I like him too. He's not cocky.
#8. Chris Sligh...I haven't formed an opinion yet. I can't get past the fro.
#9. Stephanie Edwards...BORING.
#10. Lakisha is pure talent but I'm with you Amy- not unique.
#11. I have chosen not to talk about Sanjaya anymore. I don't watch his perfromances or allow people to talk about him in my presence because I get too upset about it.

Anonymous said...

HAAAAAAAAAAA- I love it girls. Keep the comments coming. I agree with everything you said Jesse and Bridgett. And yes, I did figure out that Justin Timberlake IS who Chris reminds me of. And yes number 2, I jsut ended that sentence with a preposition.

Gena said...

amy, i agree with all of your comments. and brid's too except i can hear sanjaya's name and not get physically sick. he did good for somebody. just not us obviously.

steph-good to see you go. boring i agree. melinda and jordin- yes on vocals but the it factor wins with blake. he has good enough vocals for me and he's way more interesting to watch perform!

amy, why didn't we talk about this today?! and how did you find out about all the worship leader stuff? cool.