Welcome to this week's Idol Review. We'll start with a brief rundown of each performance. By the way, I make my own notes before I hear what the judges say. Sometimes I agree, sometimes I don't.
1. Lakisha Jones - "It was just okay for me, dog." I like her fine, but she's not in the running for me. I don't know why, out of all the songs she had to choose from, that she picked that one. I don't even remember the name- that's how memorable it was for me. P.S. Her fingernails need a trim.
2. Chris Sligh - I love him! However, I did think tonight's performance was a little pitchy. I thought it was the perfect song for him though. His hair was a little tamed down it looked like. I wonder why he doesn't wear his wedding ring?? I wouldn't like that if I were his wife. On a side note, remember last week when I wrote that I thought he was a worship leader? I was right. Check out this article I found today. Can you believe some people from his hometown are questioning his faith just because he's singing secular music as opposed to Christian on American Idol???
3. Gina Glocksen - She always seems to pick the right songs for her voice. I thought tonight was perfect!!! She's still a favorite of mine.
4. Sanjaya Malakar - I'm literally speechless. Are we all on an episode of Bloopers and Practical Jokes or are we in the Twilight Zone??? Seriously? Is he dealing with a whole deck of cards here??? Was that a mohawk??? Oh my word.....GET HIM OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!
5. Haley Scarnato - Last week, she was moving up on my personal charts. This week, she bumped herself back down. I love the song "True Colors," but she sounded like she put an opera spin on it. It was just weird for me. I still like her, but she's just not going to win, period.
6. Phil Stacey - Perfect song! He's another one, like Gina, that seems to always choose wisely. I thought he did very well.
7. Melinda Doolittle - I love her still, but I didn't like tonight's song. As Randy said, she does do well regardless of what she sings.
8. Blake Lewis - I LOVE HIM! He seems like a genuinely good guy. I loved his hair tonight. I'm a big fan.
9. Jordin Sparks - I still love her, too. I didn't love the song for her though. It just didn't give her an opportunity to showcase her vocals.
10. Chris Richardson - He's such a cutie. His smile is precious. I thought his song choice was a little strange and I just don't see him winning. I don't think he's good enough, bottom line.
In other news- Was Paula wearing a banana clip? Did anyone else notice that her hair looked a little less "poofy" towards the end of the show than it did at the beginning?? I'm going to rewind the tivo and see if I'm right. She probably saw herself in that monitor and forgot that she wasn't supposed to dress like the 90s, the contestants were just singing music from the 90s.
So America (ha ha, I'm getting into this, can you tell???), let me hear your thoughts. Why is Sanjaya still here? How can we send him home???
2 comments:
I too love Blake Lewis! He's so cute! Also, Chris Sligh actually sang a Christian song on the show a few weeks ago. "Wanna Be Loved" by DC Talk. I heard it on a Christian station recently. People just want to have something to talk about! He's awesome!:)
I actually thought Sanjaya might have been wearing a banana clip at the beginning. I actually said that to Justin. But, I didn't notice Paula's hair. There are several I like. I really don't just have one person right now that I really want to win.
Post a Comment