God's word continues to not only amaze me, but provide me with strength, courage, and hope. I thought I'd share two passages. The first one I came across today, the other is one I read a little while ago and has now become a favorite because it reminds me of how personal God's love for us is. I find so much comfort in that! I hope this gives everyone reading a glimpse of how incredibly awesome our God is and how many, many things we have to praise Him for.
I bless God every chance I get, my lungs expand with his praise. I live and breathe God; if things aren't going well, hear this and be happy: Join me in spreading the news; together let's get the word out. God met me more than halfway, he freed me from my anxious fears. Look at him; give him your warmest smile. Never hide your feelings from him. When I was desperate, I called out, and God got me out of a tight spot. God's angel sets up a circle of protection around us while we pray. Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see-how good God is. Blessed are you who run to him.
-Psalm 34:1-8
The secret sources of ocean were exposed, the hidden depths of earth lay uncovered the moment God roared in protest, let loose his hurricane anger. But ME he caught-reached all the way from sky to sea; he pulled ME out of that ocean of hate, that enemy chaos, the void in which I was drowning. They hit ME when I was down, but God stuck by ME. He stood ME up on a wide-open field, I stood there saved-surprised to be loved! God made my life complete when I placed the pieces before him. When I cleaned up my act, he gave me a fresh start. Indeed, I've kept alert to God's ways, I haven't taken God for granted. Every day I review the ways he works, I try not to miss a trick. I feel put back together, and I'm watching my step. God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.
-2 Samuel 22:16-25
1 comment:
Amy, those are both amazing! Very encouraging! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment