Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Update on the sweet and sour chicken
I found that I'm not the only one that is a fan of the crockpot! Thanks to those of you that commented and shared ideas. That was great! Now on to my update on the sweet and sour chicken. On a scale of 1-10, I would give it a 4.5. It was decent, but I was disappointed. First of all, there was way too much liquid leftover after it was finished cooking. I'm sure that was partly due to the fact that my chicken wasn't totally thawed when I put it it. Second, it wasn't very "sweet and sour." It tasted like regular chicken baked with bell peppers. That's all I could taste, unless I was eating some pineapple. I couldn't taste the soy sauce, catalina dressing, or pineapple juice. So girls (and guys if there are any reading), I'd pass this recipe up and keep looking for others! I'm going to do that. I'll re-post those that are a success!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the update! I was wondering!
Post a Comment