Anna (their niece) and I arrived in DC around lunch time on Saturday. We were welcomed downstairs by Josh, Ginger, Rhett, and Ryder. Rhett was precious! He was so excited to see us! He ran straight to Anna and then grabbed me, hugged me, and put his head on my shoulder and said, "I've missed you so much." Melts my heart! Ryder had grown so much since I'd seen him last, which was only a few weeks. He's the most laid back and precious little baby. He smiles all the time and I got attached very, very quickly being with him for so long.
I had been to DC before, so I didn't feel the need to go do all the touristy things that most people do while there. I could see the Washington Monument, the Capitol, and the Lincoln Memorial from their balcony. We rode by most of the other sights when in transit from one place to the other, so I felt like I got my sightseeing fix from that. On the 4th, we got to watch fireworks from the balcony of their condo. They were beautiful and it was so great to be able to just walk outside and not have to worry with all the traffic downtown. We went shopping in Georgetown, which was fun. Every store you could think of is there- J Crew, Anthropologie, Vineyard Vines, Urban Outfitters, etc. I was wrong in assuming it would be a little cooler in DC than in Alabama. WRONG! The temperatures reached over 100 every day I was there I think.
If you know me at all, you know what a reality TV show junkie I am. I had seen previews of the new show on TLC called "DC Cupcakes." I thought it'd be fun to actually find the place and see what it was like. I'm actually not a big cupcake fan, so I mainly wanted to visit just to say I'd been there. It was just as I'd heard- a line that wrapped around the corner of the building and went down the street. We waited though, and the one bite I did have was delicious. It'll be neat to watch the show now and recognize the place and possibly some people I saw there.
I got to go to three ballgames, which are always fun. I saw Stephen Strasburg pitch, which was pretty cool. I had never actually been on the field at a Major League stadium before, and I was really excited to get to experience that. I always enjoy seeing Josh play and am such a proud sister! I'm thankful kids have someone like him to look up to. He's so patient and gives of his time at the field to sign baseballs, T-shirts, etc. He never takes the blessing God has given him for granted, neither does Ginger. God definitely uses them in the Major League Baseball corporation to shine His light.
My week was perfect! I had an absolute blast and am so thankful to have had the opportunity to go visit. I'll be saving my money to go back as soon as possible! Here are some fun pictures of my week!
2 comments:
Can't say I'm not a little jealous, but I'm SOOO glad you were able to go and spend some time with Josh and Ging in DC. Looks like ya'll had a blast!!
Pretty pictures! Glad you had so much fun!!!
Post a Comment