That's right, I leave early Saturday morning to fly to Washington, DC. Actually, I'm flying into Baltimore and I'm pretty excited about that. It's on my life list to visit all 50 states and Maryland is one I've yet to see. Even though I won't have an extended stay there, I can at least mark it off my list! I'm flying there with Josh and Ginger's niece, Anna, so I'll have some company on the way there. On the way back I'll be by myself. I'm a little nervous about flying alone, but it's a straight flight so it'll be fine.
It's been about fifteen years since I've been to DC. I've seen the sights but definitely want to go by and see them again...mostly to take lots of pictures. It'll be interesting to be in our nation's capital on Independence Day! We're going on the roof of the building where Josh and Ginger live to watch the fireworks over the DC skyline. They're allowing the first 150 people that signed up to do so. I'm super excited about that! Of course, we'll also be going to games. I've seen Josh play on his former home field in Miami so now I'm thrilled to be able to see him play in DC.
I'm so thankful to be able to have this opportunity. I'd certainly appreciate prayers for safe travel. I'll have tons of pictures when I get home!!! Happy 4th of July to everyone!
1 comment:
Have fun! My mom was raised in Baltimore and loved it. Unless, you got in the rough areas. haha
Post a Comment