Tonight was the big night...THE BACHELOR FINALE! Although I wasn't happy with the outcome, this is probably still my all-time favorite show. I seriously think I could watch it for eight hours straight. Is it cheesy? Absolutely. Is it stretching it to be categorized as reality? Of course. But am I embarrassed to say I L-O-V-E it? NO WAY!
I watched with friends tonight and we had SO much fun! We had some delicious Italian sandwiches (thanks Amy!), chips and dip, and I made Chocolate Turtle Tarlets. They're super easy and delicious! The recipe is below. We had tons of fun and definitely made the most of an opportunity to hang out and make fun of poor Vienna. I have embedded a slideshow for your viewing pleasure.
CHOCOLATE TURTLE TARTLET
1 pkg. Pillsbury pie crusts
1/2 cup chocolate chips
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons caramel topping
1 egg
1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Unroll 1 pie crust on work surface. Roll lightly with rolling pin. With 2 1/2 inch - 2 3/4 inch round cutter (I use a small condiment cup.), cut pie crust into rounds. Press rounds in bottom of mini muffin pan. Place five chocolate chips in the bottom of each pastry.
2. Bake 6 minutes. Leave crusts in pan. Reduce temperature to 375 degrees.
3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat cream cheese, brown sugar, caramel topping, and egg with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Spoon evenly over chocolate chips, about 1 1/2 teaspoons on each tartlet.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until cheesecake is set. Cool in pan on cooling rack 10 minutes; remove from pan.
5. In small bowl, place remaining chocolate chips and oil in microwave. Drizzle over each tartlet and immediately top with pecans.
6. Refrigerate two hours before serving and enjoy!
6 comments:
This is probably the funniest video I've seen in a while. I laughed SO hard. Thank you for this. It was put together perfectly.
On the wiiiiiiiings of looooooooove.
You are so crazy!
YOu crack me up!!! Love that yall had so much fun watching it!!
Amy Rutledge and her cross-eyed self was hilarious!! She looked just like Vienna and that crazy eye of hers!! I still can't believe Jake would pick her. Gag a maggot!
AMY!!!! That is the funniest video! LOVE IT!!!
Funny! Now I see Luci's soccer coaches in a whole new light.... ;)
Post a Comment