Tuesday, September 01, 2009

So far, so good!

I just thought I'd write a brief update on how the diet is going so far. I'm sure this probably bores most of you, but I figure it'll be neat to go back and look at when I'm at my goal weight, right? Let's stay positive here.

So far, it's been pretty good. I would be lying if I said I hadn't been tempted, but I've stuck to the plan pretty well. This is my fourth day and I've had more fruit and veggies than I've probably had in the last month or more. My typical breakfast is Kashi Go Lean cereal. It's different, we'll just say, but it tastes good. This morning I put a few blueberries in it, so it was great. For lunch I've had salads with oranges, strawberries, blueberries, and chicken, or today I had whole grain pasta with veggies inside. Dinner is random, depending on if I'm home or out. Tonight my mom is making hamburger steak (lean beef of course) and broccoli. See, it doesn't sound too bad, right? It's really not.

I guess the hardest part is getting over not being able to have my Wheat Thins or chips with my sandwich at lunch. I have missed eating things that are crunchy! I was desperate enough to get some pork skins today (I know, I know- it's gross). It's definitely not a snack I would choose if I weren't on a diet, but they have basically no carbs. Actually, they might possibly have been the best thing I've tasted on this entire diet. They're not as good as Sun Chips or Cheese-Its, but I can pretend, right? Some sweet mom brought this amazing looking dessert with chocolate chips all over the top to school today and left if for the teachers to eat in the lounge. Ahhhhhhh- I just stood there and looked at it and then walked away. I was pretty proud of myself for not giving in.

I'll post Monday with the first week's results. I will have been on this diet nine days when I weigh. I'll just admit: If I don't lose at least five pounds I'm going to be disappointed. For this drastic of a change in my diet and since the first week is usually the biggest week as far as what you lose...IT BETTER BE GOOD!

6 comments:

brooke said...

Go Amy!!!! I'm rooting for ya!! Diets stink!

McKinney Madness said...

You're losing it and I'm finding it. If you lose 5 lbs or more I'm jumping on the train wit ya. You heard me?

Bowerman Blessed said...

cannot wait to see how you have done! cheering for you! i have got to get it together myself with some type of diet!

Unknown said...

YOU CAN DO IT! Just hang in there and you will be so proud!

Katie said...

I didn't know you were doing this?! Good luck...I'm cheering you on!!!

Scarlett said...

You can do this AMY!!!!!! Keep up the good work! :)