Yesterday was one of those days where I found myself thanking God over and over for the many, many blessings He has given me. Too often I focus on what I don't have and what I want, instead of what God has placed directly in front of me. Yesterday I couldn't help but notice and praise Him for it all. The wonderful thing about the warm, fuzzy feeling I had was that it was because of nothing in particular...just joy He reminded me of in the little things.
Saturday was a day that Cort, Trey, Mom, and myself all did exactly what we wanted to do. Trey enjoyed a day on the couch watching football for hours. He never treats himself to that and had he been at home, he would have found tons of things to do. We were all glad to see him enjoy himself flipping channels and having the television all to himself. Cort and I shopped all day and made crafts to sell at our annual craft show at school. We went to Hobby Lobby three times and had fun at each stop. We enjoyed time together talking, just the two of us. Mom did just as she wanted- and this is so her- she went around town buying the perfect things for dinner and lunch that she cooked for us last night and today. Doing things for other people is what she does best. God has given her the gift of hospitality and it makes her happy to do for others. She's the best. So, time with my precious family- blessing reminder number 1 of the day.
We have been praying for my Grandmother to sell her house so she can make the big move to be here with us. She's been stressed about it and is so ready to be closer to us. Cort and I walked out for one of our trips to Hobby Lobby just after my mom and aunt talked with us and reminded us to pray that she sell the house. When we walked back in, we were told it was sold. How amazing is that? My grandmother will now be able to live in the same town as us for the first time in her life, and enjoy seeing her children, grand children, and great grandchildren on a much more regular basis. Blessing number 2.
In case you are reading and don't know the nature of my family, we are super, SUPER close. My sister and I have three cousins that are more to us than that- they are like siblings. We have grown up together and spent lots of time together. We share so much and truly, truly realize the blessing we have in one another. My aunt surprised us yesterday with the news that we are all going to the Opryland Hotel in December to stay for the weekend. We have reservations for five rooms, the Rockettes, one other Christmas show, the Ice Show, and more. We are SOOOOO excited to all get to spend that time together, especially at a place like this. Blessing number 3.
I literally had chills at several times during the day yesterday, simply because I was so happy. I truly believe that a little time with your family can cure anything. I needed that yesterday, and am very grateful.
7 comments:
Spending time with you was just what the Dr ordered! I had a blast and laughed more than I have in a long time. I love you!
This about made me cry reading it. It makes me miss ya'll so much!! You're right there is so much to be thankful for! I can't wait for the Opryland Hotel!!
I'm so happy you had a blessed day! You deserve it! We are so excited for Opryland and spending some quality time altogether! That time is few and far between. Love you, Cortney and Trey, and Aunt Carolyn! :)
i knew you were typing on this yesterday but just now got to read it. what a blessing! i have found myself thanking God a lot more too, because He has definitely blessed all of us. we have a special bond don't we, between the cousins that is. nothing like it in the whole world. And I cannot WAIT for this fun trip in Dec. a whole shutterfly book on it. and lots of blog writing too.
How awesome.. I was just talking the other day about how close ya'll all are.. Do not even remember who I was talking to are why, but I was...
Glad ya'll had so much fun together..
Awesome!!! You ARE BLESSED!!!
Awesome!!! You ARE BLESSED!!!
Post a Comment