As promised, I'm posting today to let everyone know how my first week on the diet has gone. Here it is...I LOST FIVE POUNDS! I weighed today, and it was five pounds on the dot. I'm very pleased. It certainly hasn't come without several tears and discouraging moments. Nothing about losing weight is fun, but the feeling I have of knowing that I'm eating healthier than I probably ever have in my life and knowing that because of this I could be adding years to my life, it's most definitely worth it.
In one week, I have had only two pieces of bread (on one sandwich), NO Wheat Thins, NO Cheese-Its, NO potatoes, NO candy, NO anything that I typically eat. Instead, I am now having fruit and veggies. Let me just say that my family went to the Cheesecake Factory yesterday for dessert. Anyone want to guess what I got? That's right- not one thing. I was pretty proud of myself. It was really hard watching them eat red velvet cheesecake and chocolate/peanut butter cheesecake, but I'm so glad I didn't partake. They were really considerate by the way, and I persuaded them to eat what they wanted despite my being on a diet. I have to diet in the real world and I can't pretend that there aren't delicious, tempting foods out there.
This journey is by no means over and I have by no means defeated this ridiculous temptation of ditching what I know is best and going for the Wheat Thins. But I feel different already. I have not felt sick one single time since being on this diet. With my hypoglycemia, it was not out of the ordinary for my blood sugar to bottom out on any given day or for me to feel nauseated off and on on any given day. Not one single time have I done that. I guess that means this diet is doing what it proclaims.
Thanks for the prayers and well wishes. Keep them coming! I'll update again next week.
7 comments:
Way to go!! That's great, Amy. Hang in there! Eat Fiber one bars, are those o.k. on this diet? So yummy and lots of fiber!!
I'm SO proud of you! :)
Thats great Amy!! Keep up the good work. I am proud of you for not eating cheesecake!
Awesome!!
you go girl ..
I'm really sorry about tempting you so much this weekend! I was so impressed with your self discipline, and I'm so glad to hear your hard work paid off! I may have to join you soon! It sounds like just what I need. Love you!
i noticed today you looked thinner in the middle. seriously, i was in a conversation with someone else and saw you from afar. you know how you have a thought while you are talking. that was my thought. you are making progress. awesome g'friend!
Post a Comment