Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Plan of Choice Is...


I have spent hours (literally) researching which diet plan I am going to use. I have tried Weight Watchers, and while it worked, I got sick of counting points everywhere I went. I've tried counting calories. Again, I got sick of keeping up with it. I've tried no carbs. It made me sick. It feels like I've tried it all. But this diet seems to be the PERFECT one for me! It's the Low Glycemic Index Diet. It makes so much sense! I've always thought for me that it wasn't so much what I eat, but the combination of foods I eat. When I'm hungry, I don't typically crave a candy bar or something that fattening. I crave Wheat Thins, Cheezits, etc. What I have learned so far, is that my body burns and digests those foods so quickly, that soon after I am hungry again. My blood sugar rises and falls and causes me to feel tired. Another good point was that today, packaged snacks such as the ones I mentioned above are so processed that there's really not much for our bodies to do once we eat them except chew! Just think, 50 years ago the majority of food people ate came straight from the garden. It wasn't processed or preserved in factories. That's why people weren't nearly as heavy back then. Bottom line, this diet is all about choosing wisely. I can have carbs. I just have to choose the good carbs and not those that will turn into sugar quickily once I eat them. Whole grain pasta and bread, nuts, non-fat ice cream, are all allowed. I can handle ice cream on a diet for sure!

I could go on and on, but I PRAY this is the plan that will work for me. Click the link above if you're interested in having more information. The book is great, too! There are lists of foods you are allowed to eat and not allowed to eat during this phase. It's very simple to understand, also. I'm motivated!!!

Again, I'll keep you posted. One week from Monday will be my first weigh-in. I promise I will report via this blog as soon as I can. Keep those fingers crossed!

5 comments:

Bowerman Blessed said...

I love that you and Haley are doing this at the same time. I am too scared to do a blog post about it, because I always go back to my unhealthy eating. So I am looking forward to reading both of your blogs. I've learned so much about the book you are doing. Sounds really great. I will be praying for you and you can pray for me as well. love ya

McKinney Madness said...

I can't wait to see how this turns out. I just ate a huge bowl of Lucky Charms and I'm still starving. It's this time of day when I become a human disposal. I may be jumping on this diet bandwagon if you like it!

Rachael Hamilton said...

Sounds great! I'll be looking foward to seeing if it works for you.

Gena said...

Keep me posted as often as possible on this. Send me the link. Still no luck. Had fun tonight! We may need to get together to check on some purchases... :)

love you!!!!!

LucisMomma said...

Sounds like a book I need to get and really take to heart. You can do the ten by the 25th! :) And pats on the back for walking away from that dessert in the teacher's lounge.