Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Lately

Yes, it's been a while. I have just honestly been struggling to keep my head above water lately. With school starting back and my attempting to get adjusted to the "going to bed early/getting up early" mentality, I've rarely had time to even read blogs, much less write one. Nothing earth-shattering happening, but I thought I'd update on what's been going on recently.

* I GOT A BLACKBERRY! I was so tired of my EnV2. I was on number three. I had it for a year and it kept breaking for one reason or the other. I wasn't due for an upgrade for another YEAR, but decided to just call and ask if I could possibly get an early one. To my surprise, not only did she say I could, but that I could get the exact phone I wanted (Curve) for $149.99, with a $100 rebate. How could I beat that? I'm still learning how to use it, but I'm absolutely in love. I never knew that having facebook and email in the palm of my hand...literally...was so awesome. I will never, ever go back!

* My class is amazing! It's rare that you, as a teacher, get a class that is overall really, really good. I feel like this year I have one. They behave really well and are so respectful. They're adorable (for the most part..ha) and I can totally see myself getting attached to these little munchkinds.

* I never posted about what I ended up doing about my car. It was definitely totaled. I decided to use this to my advantage and get something less expensive and finance for a less amount of time and save money. I got a 2005 silver Jeep Grand Cherokee. I like it okay, but am really missing my other car. I was attached to it for some reason. It was the car I had wanted for years before I ever had one. But, the Jeep gets me from point A to point B, and most importantly the downsizing if you will, is helping me get out of debt. That's the main goal.

* I'm painting canvases again. I surprised my sister with a canvas to hang on her door in her new office. I thought it was pretty cute, but didn't expect to get four orders within two days of her hanging it up! Here's a picture. Anyone can do it. It's really simple. Check Paige and Brooke's blog soon. They will have step by step instructions.


* Football season is almost here! I'm so excited. I could care less about NFL football, but college...in particular AUBURN FOOTBALL??? I don't like to miss a game. I'll always be proud of my alma mater...even if we might not have a winning season. If you see me out during the season I'll for sure be sporting some orange and blue. War Eagle!

5 comments:

The Penter Family said...

That sign for Cort looks great... as usual. No suprises there!

I'll give you a call this weekend while I'm in Florence so I can pick up that canvas you did for my sis. Or you can give it to Austin at school if that is easier for you. Let me know! :)

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Love the little sign you made! It looks great! :)

brooke said...

That sign is beautiful!! I'm very impressed!!!

McKinney Madness said...

I LOVE my sign, and so does everyone else that sees it! Thanks again sis!

McKinney Madness said...

I LOVE my sign, and so does everyone else that sees it! Thanks again sis!