Girls, girls, girls- I'm about to jump on this stinkin' diet wagon again. I know. How many times have I blogged about a new method of weight loss I'm trying or a new fad diet I've heard about? Well, all I can say is I've tried. I can't remember a day in my life that I've not been on a diet or been thinking about how much I need to be. I promise, my metabolism is in the negative range evidently. I really think I could eat dirt and not lose much. It's just so incredibly hard for me. Nonetheless, I'm trying again. I'm sure many of you read Haley's blog. If you don't, you should! We are partnering up to help each other lose ten pounds by September 25. TEN POUNDS! That's certainly maintainable, right? I hope so. Because if we reach our goal, we're rewarding ourselves (BIG TIME). Once we reach our first goal, we can set another...and of course, reward ourselves once more. Obviously, she has much, much less to lose than I do. She will reach maintenance long before I will. I can only hope that I'll stick with it for as long as it takes. I can't think about it that way though. One day at a time. For now, ten pounds is my goal. I think I can do it. I am going to report, IN PUBLIC, on this blog. Haley is doing the same. I'm going to weigh in on Mondays, and I will report how much I've lost that day. Look for my update next Monday. In all honesty, I'd appreciate prayers of encouragment, determination, and motivation. It's really difficult, especially when your skinny friends sit beside you with a Dr. Pepper and candy bar while you eat Sugarfree Jello Pudding. Not fun. But, for now, I'm willing to try again. Wish me luck!
Friday, August 28, 2009
Jumping on the Wagon again...
Girls, girls, girls- I'm about to jump on this stinkin' diet wagon again. I know. How many times have I blogged about a new method of weight loss I'm trying or a new fad diet I've heard about? Well, all I can say is I've tried. I can't remember a day in my life that I've not been on a diet or been thinking about how much I need to be. I promise, my metabolism is in the negative range evidently. I really think I could eat dirt and not lose much. It's just so incredibly hard for me. Nonetheless, I'm trying again. I'm sure many of you read Haley's blog. If you don't, you should! We are partnering up to help each other lose ten pounds by September 25. TEN POUNDS! That's certainly maintainable, right? I hope so. Because if we reach our goal, we're rewarding ourselves (BIG TIME). Once we reach our first goal, we can set another...and of course, reward ourselves once more. Obviously, she has much, much less to lose than I do. She will reach maintenance long before I will. I can only hope that I'll stick with it for as long as it takes. I can't think about it that way though. One day at a time. For now, ten pounds is my goal. I think I can do it. I am going to report, IN PUBLIC, on this blog. Haley is doing the same. I'm going to weigh in on Mondays, and I will report how much I've lost that day. Look for my update next Monday. In all honesty, I'd appreciate prayers of encouragment, determination, and motivation. It's really difficult, especially when your skinny friends sit beside you with a Dr. Pepper and candy bar while you eat Sugarfree Jello Pudding. Not fun. But, for now, I'm willing to try again. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You can do it! I always do better now that we are back in school. Being on a schedule helps me!!
I know you can do this! You are such a shining light and I know you will do well. I have to agree with Julie, that being back on a schedule helps me eat better, and excercise better too! Wish you well...
I'm glad you've found your motivation! Please pray that the same happens for me! Keep me posted on how the new plan works!!
Post a Comment