The time has come, my friends. I have officially gone back to school. Well, maybe not officially, but my free time is over. I had an AMSTI workshop today and again tomorrow, then will have to spend the rest of the week preparing my classroom for our Open House Monday night. Ugh... I'm not ready. The main thing I dread is getting up early. During the summers I really love staying up until 1 or 2 and sleeping until 10 or 11. I am NOT a morning person, and love staying up late. No more of that as of tonight...unless it's the weekend. I'm blessed with a great job, though, with people that I love and enjoy hanging out with outside of work. That means a lot to me, so going back to work won't be so bad...hopefully.
I went on my final road trip of the summer last week. I went to Birmingham to see Haley, Chad, and Mary Ella, then went and visited Cortney and Trey. I had so much fun!
Haley and I went to eat at PF Changs. Note: try the carrot cake dessert shooter. It's only $2 and is delicious! Our waitor was very persuading and could have made dirt sound appetizing, so Haley and I both gave in and ordered dessert. That's one thing I can count on- spending way too much money on food when I visit! It's worth it though. I had a great time with Haley and Chad, and of course little Mary Ella. She's so precious- ugh! I already miss her.
Next was Cort and Trey's house. I still can't believe they're married! It's so crazy but so, so wonderful. I am so absolutely thrilled for them and how deliriously happy they both are. Spending time with them, I was assured of how in love they are and how right they are together. It's not that I doubted it before, but watching them together and hearing Cort brag about what a spiritual pillar he is for their family already made my heart smile. They're crazy in love and made me hope even more that I find that one day.
So, here's to the end of summer. It was a good one, a busy one....and it's over. Goodbye freedom, hello responsibility.
7 comments:
I hope you have a great school year! There is lots to look forward to - you could start listening to Christmas music if you wanted to. Ha HA!
Hope it gets off to a good start. I know it's hard going back, though. I'll be there with you, more than likely, in a few years. :) Glad you had a fun weekend away before "back to the real world". See you on Thursday night! :)
Ugh- don't remind me. I'll be there on Monday too. Welcome to reality, huh? And thanks for your sweet thoughts. I'm so glad you came to stay with us, and obviously we want you to come as often as you can!! We'll even play Monopoly again... but don't dare think about being the banker- Tre might get jealous! We love you!!
Yes, the summer has flown by! I can't believe that it's time to go back.
I was so glad you were able to come. I loved seeing you... Let me know when you make the trip to Bham again !!!
We are so in love that coUrtney doesn't even know how to spell my name :) PS it has taken me an hour to figure out how to hack into our account just to leave this message!!! COME HOME SOON SIS WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!
love the new look. hope you have agreat school year...glad you are doing well!
Post a Comment