Monday, August 04, 2008

Here we go.............


Well, the time has officially come. I have been slaving away in my classroom (above) this past week to prepare for tonight. We have Open House and I will meet all the parents of my students and send them home with a plethora of information about the adventures on which their child and I are about to embark. Am I ready? Yes and no. I am NOT ready to get up early. I am NOT ready to write lesson plans and grade papers. However, I AM ready to get back on a schedule and I AM ready to be around so many people that I love so much everyday. I'm blessed tremendously to be able to work in such an amazing environment with people I consider to be my family.

I am going to try to pray more about my job, how I affect the lives of these children and that God will speak to them through me. I want to be more patient and be able to see how they need me, not only as their teacher but as their friend. I truly, truly want to make a difference.

Good luck to all my fellow teachers out there in the blogging world! How many days until Christmas break???

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your room is huge!I am jealous!

Anonymous said...

awesome classroom! Good luck!

Julie Young said...

Good luck tonight! See you at Bunco tomm night...

The Penter Family said...

Your room looks great! Hope you have a great year.

Bevin said...

Hope the year is fantastic for you. Your room looks great!!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Your classroom looks great! It's bigger than the one I saw before, isn't it? Hope you have a good year. :)

Scarlett said...

I'd love to see you teach! Maybe Bonnie will have you one day! Oh, and I love the word plethera!

Unknown said...

Cute room!! I hope you have a great year!!!

McKinney Madness said...

Wow Aims... loving what you've done with the classroom. Maybe I should take a picture of mine. Oh wait- I've still got dead rolly polies (sp?) and mouse pellets on the floor. Might ought to wait a few more days for that one. I wish mine were ready for the kiddos! Glad the first day went well! Love you!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

so cute! what a nice room!

Gena said...

We are blessed again to have MS. Browning. God always chooses the right ones. I am so thankful to have one of the Killen kids in your prescence again all day. love you!