Friday, April 11, 2008

Another funny story from the classroom....

Everyone remember the sugar buns boy??? Here's another story....

We were sitting in the kindergarten class as my students were reading with their book buddies. The "sugar bun boy" was sitting near me. I thought I heard him say my name but I didn't want to look at him because I knew if I did he probably wouldn't repeat what he said. Since it came from his mouth, I knew it would be funny and definitely worth hearing. I kept listening, and he said it again. "Ms. Browning is my true love." As if that weren't funny enough, he proceeded to tell me that the girl he was reading with (as she was reading a book about insects) was comparing me to a butterfly. "Sugar bun boy" said, "You're much prettier than a butterfly. You're as gorgeous as a pretty bird." As he said it, he was waving his hands in the air pretending to fly...like that pretty bird.

We come back to the classroom and I was told there was a note waiting for me on my door. I went to look and a little piece of paper had been folded up to fit inside a ribbon holding up a sign on my door. Here's what he said (and how he spelled it):

"Oh baby, if only I wasn't ingaged you and me would be together baby. Oh I love you. Sorry I'm ingaged." Signed: Sugar bun boy.

Now, this is getting borderline inappropriate. He's definitely a ladies man and there's at least one or two other teachers that he behaves this way with. I think I'll go show the note to the principal. It may be time for sugar bun boy to pick on girls his own age!

If only he was 20 years older............

8 comments:

LucisMomma said...

waiting to hear "the rest of the story...." as Paul Harvey says.

Cortnie said...

That is hilarious!!! Miss you!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

How funny! Kids are hilarious!

Julie Young said...

That is too funny! Let us know how the story turns out.....

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

oh wow amy. I just giggled literally, when i read that. I saw cortney's comment to you on facebook earlier, and I was like, what? that must be an inside joke..and then I read this. hilarious.

Meredith said...

haha that cracks me up! kids say the darndest things!

Kristy said...

Oh, Amy, I would love to meet this kid. How hilarious! It makes some of the drudgery of being a teacher a little more tolerable on those crazy days. :)

Katie said...

That is hilarious! How in the world do you handle something like that? haha!