Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What's on your Life List?

"One rainy afternoon an inspired 15-year old boy named John Goddard sat down at his kitchen table in Los Angeles and wrote three words at the top of a yellow pad, "My Life List." Under that heading he wrote down 127 goals. These were not simple or easy goals. They included climbing the world's major mountains, exploring from source to mouth the longest rivers of the world, piloting the world's fastest aircraft, running a mile in five minutes and reading the entire Encyclopedia Britannica. Now, a generation later, he has accomplished 109 of these quests, and has logged an impressive list of records in achieving them."

What's on your Life List (or Bucket List as it's come to be known lately)? Have you ever thought about it? I thought I would begin one of my own. I'm sure it'll grow as time progresses, so check back if you wish. There may be new goals to come!

My Life List: (in random order)

1. Visit Los Angeles/Hollywood/Laguna Beach
2. Visit New York City
3 Travel to (or at least through) all states in the U.S.
4. Ride a gondola in Italy
5. Take a cooking class
6. Go to Paris
7. See Gavin DeGraw in concert
8. Go on a mission trip
9. Get married
10. Have children
11. Buy a house (by myself or with my husband- preferably the later)
12. Be debt-free
13. Attend a taping of a daytime talk show (Oprah, the View, Regis
and Kelly, etc.)
14. Learn how to drive a stick shift
15. Go camping
16. Go to the Mall of America
17. Visit Washington D.C. again, and this time appreciate what's
there

There will be more to come............. Now, I'm ready to check some of these off!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool post! Maybe I will do a Life List too. Thanks!

Bowerman Blessed said...

You've never been camping? And you want to go - I'm shocked, that doesn't sound like you. We'll have to do that one :)

Anonymous said...

well, i did "camp" on the beach one night...remember? HA! other than that, no. so, let's go!

Cortnie said...

Sign me up for all the trips....I'll go with you!
luv U!

Julie Young said...

I want to go with you to the taping of a daytime show! How fun would that be!!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

haha great list. can i go to oprah with you???

Gena said...

i am at the DeGraw concert with you for sure and i am in on the road trip. you HAVE to do that one with me. we can be oprah and gail! love the post.

Scarlett said...

Love your list... I'm surprised about the camping thing to with the tick factor and all! :) Take me to LA with you! Maybe we could be extras on The Hills! :)

brooke said...

Sounds like a fun to do list but where is skydiving or deep sea diving? What about....go streaking through Haley Center at Aurbun? I'm a little disappointed. Only kidding :)

Melodie S. said...

Driving a stick shift is on my 'list' too! Oh and let me tell you, camping is WAY overrated. By all means, you should experience it.