Friday, June 30, 2006

You're invited to my pity party!

I don't even know where this post is going to go at this point. My day has been blessed, as always. However, my mood has been "blah." Do you ever have so many things on your mind that you just don't know what to sort through first? I wonder too, if any of them are even worth thinking about twice. Nothing is of any importance when it's put in perspective. (I think I like to use commas too much, by the way. )

I just wish I could control my emotions more. I feel that's where Satan attacks me. I've been too wrapped up in what I don't have in this life verses what I want. I am drawn into the fantasy that everyone else's life is perfect. I've been throwing myself the biggest pity part ever today. Wow-I better go ahead and stop. I am trying to learn to manage my emotions and think more on positive things. My joy can only come from God and I feel I'm blessed to be one that actually realizes that (though it took me a long time). But I am human. I do long for more. That's wrong.

"No doubt about it! God is good-good to good people, good to the good-hearted. But I nearly missed it, missed seeing his goodness. I was looking the other way, looking up to the people at the top, envying the wicked that have it made, who have nothing to worry about, not a care in the whole wide world...

...I'm still in your presence, but you've taken my hand. You wisely and tenderly lead me, and then you bless me. You're all I want in heaven! You're all I want on earth!" Psalm 73:1-5, 23-25


That says it all. Nothing will fill me like God. I know that, but God has to remind me constantly. He is good and He is true. I guess I have to end the pity party now. Who am I to want anything more than what God has blessed me with at this very moment? Perspective......

7 comments:

Meredith said...

I can't express what I'm trying to say...I've typed out a response and deleted it because it made no sense! I'll just say that everyone has these exact feelings at one time or another! No one has be perfect life...even though it might look like it to us. We've just got to be like Paul and learn to be "content whatever the circumstances!" Believe me...I'm telling MYSELF that, too!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cort. I know you know exactly what I'm talking about and I don't have to give any more explanation. That's comforting. I love you so much. Have "fun" at the wedding today!!!

Kristy said...

Oh, Amy... I have had such a "blah" purposeless week and have felt so many similar emotions. And I know God is tugging there and saying, "you are loved, deeply loved; you are worthy." I just need a hearing aid to embrace that... Anyway, allow yourself to be embraced in his love. And know that you have friends who love you, feel your feelings, and pray for you across the time and miles...

Caanan said...

I understand throwing pity parties. I know of someone who sets a timer and feels sorry for herself for a full 15 minutes. When that time is up, she puts it behind her and keeps going on with their day. After a while she found it harder and harder to feel sorry for herself for even 15 minutes.

I don't have the self control yet to try this, but I thought it might be helpful. I'm trying to Finally Love (myself) Yourself--FLY. flylady.net if you get a chance to check it out. It's helped me a lot so far.

Gena said...

Colossians 4:2
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

i have a lot of experience with this topic as well... my latest (re)discovery, look for what's already there. See it with new eyes.
i just keep thinking "be watchful and thankful" and God shows up.

always in prayer for you and me and all of the people...;) l.y.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

I feel ya girl. but meredith is right. everything can look great for others onthe outside, and we all have our bad times, when we feel down. Love you!

Scarlett said...

Been there, done that, keep doing it, doesn't get me anywhere but feeling more down.........sorry I couldn't hang out before we left. I packed and ended up going to see my mom and having an emotional discussion........I always have to tell myself, "This too shall pass." It ALWAYS does eventually, Amy....I promise. Miss ya!