I'm home! I am still coming to grips with the fact that Impact has already come and gone. It was different this year, but great as always. I was an emotional basketcase today when I left. I'm sure that probably doesn't surprise anyone that really knows me. It's something you can't understand unless you experience it. To be on a campus as small as Lipscomb with the same people for 10 days, you get used to seeing them. You get used to that teeny tiny dorm room in which you live. You learn to deal with the still really bad but better cafeteria food. You make new friends. You laugh (hysterically) and cry (almost hysterically). Most of all, you experience true worship and feel the overwhelming presence of God. Just as Impact life begins to become the norm, it's time to leave. That's the hard part.
The nature of the job I have at Impact doesn't allow me to truly experience as much of the worship as I would like to while I'm there. I'm always backstage asking or answering questions from the sound or lighting guys, talking to roadies, making sure everyone has a microphone and the curtain will open when it's supposed to, planning the next day, cleaning the green room, etc. I walk in and out and hear bits and pieces of what's taking place onstage. There are things that I miss out on and I don't like that. However, the feeling that God is in that place can't be overlooked or missed. I felt so close to Him there. God used people at Impact to teach me things. He used them to show me His love and faithfulness and He used them to remind me again that He is my protector. I needed that, still do. I feel refreshed and revived. I needed that too.
Now, to the rest of the summer (which isn't much). What does it hold? Only God knows, but I hope a trip to Auburn with some girlfriends from college, the beach for a few days, Huntsville to see my babies, and REST!!! I'm excited about it. It's flown by so far. It needs to slow down. I have a lot left to do before I greet 4th graders again........
P.S. I will be posting some pictures from Impact soon. I'm embarrassed to say how many I took!
6 comments:
Girl, it sure did my soul good to see you there...
dude, me too. I LOVE YOU!!! ps, shout out to the au trip, man! woohooo! pps. thanks for the goldfish. Aiden loves them. its his new staple.
i'm sooo glad your back!
We all need an experience like impact- maybe there should be adult impact...i'll be thinking of the name. You round up some roadies ;)
The adult impact is called ZOE CONFERENCE!!!!
I'd like to take a stab at breaking the single residence occupancy record this time...C'mon!!!
bc
...at our house..I mean...
Amy---I have something to give you. It may help you as much as Impact did! :)
Post a Comment