So, I've been in the "I want to rearrange furniture and redecorate my whole house" type of mood lately. It all started when I sent a big plant from my foyer to the curb...literally. I never watered it, it was ugly, completely dried up, and frankly I just didn't want it in my house any longer. In taking out the plant, I'm left with an entire corner of my foyer empty. The space looks so much bigger now, and I just want to redecorate the entire area! Here are pictures of what I'm dealing with.
I've had the black table since I moved in. It used to be under the mirror, but it left the doorway to the kitchen a little crowded. I decided to move it to it's current location and it makes the area much more open. Also, I always wanted a lamp on top of the table, but there wasn't an outlet on that wall. Now that I've moved it to where you see it above, I do have an outlet. I will be getting a cute lamp to go in my entryway asap. I think it would be good to add some height. I'm thinking about moving the black corked cabinet door over the light switch and painting a canvas with my favorite verse on it to go over the black table. I also want a round chevron rug to go in the doorway. I need something large to cover the majority of the floor because some
2 comments:
I love the way you have it arranged and love all your ideas. One option would be to paint the bottom half of the wall the same as your chair rail ... Like a board and batten type thing. You could add the boards later if you wanted (the vertical strips I mean.) then you wouldn't need anything below the mirror!
that's a great idea...so, check your calendar and let me know when you can come help me. ;) seriously. love it.
Post a Comment