Counting this upcoming weekend, I will have been out of town for FOUR weekends in a row. I feel like I haven't even had time to sit down in my own house, much less find time to blog. I have had the opportunity to do some pretty fun things in the past month and I'm SO thankful. But it's catching up with me and I'm beginning to decide I need a lesson or two in some major time management.
The last weekend in October, I was blessed to spend with my sister, brother-in-law, and precious niece. I'm telling you, that sweet baby is my little sunshine and she can brighten my day like nothing or no one else can. She is growing so fast and learning new things everyday. I truly cherish every second I get to spend with her.
The first weekend in November, I was blessed to be asked to sing at a youth conference in Gilbertsville, Kentucky. We began the four hour trek early Friday morning and arrived last Friday afternoon. We helped lead worship at five sessions throughout the course of the weekend before leaving Sunday to return home. We did make time to stop and eat at a restaurant called Patti's in Grand Rivers. Amazing is the only word I could use to describe the food there. They begin by bringing each table a pot of bread. Yes, I did mean pot! They make the most delicious homemade bread baked in a treated terra cotta pot. They serve it warm with strawberry butter. YUM! We try to go there each year we sing and I have yet to order something I didn't like. I just wish it was closer to home so I could go more often. On second thought, maybe it's better that it isn't.
This past weeked, I traveled to Dexter, Missouri with two other friends to celebrate the upcoming marriage of my sweet friend, Katie. She lived in town a couple years ago and moved away to continue her work as an eye doctor. She met her prince charming and is getting married in January. It was so nice to be able to see her new house (which is the cutest) and go to her first bridal shower.
Next weekend, believe it or not, I am going to celebrate Sarah Taylor's 1st birthday party. I can't even believe it's been a whole year. We're celebrating Auburn style, with a girly navy and blue polka dot cake, orange and blue ribbon topiaries, and fun football food. Pictures will come after the big event.
Happy Holiday season, everyone. My Christmas Wish List is coming up on the next post!
Next weekend, believe it or not, I am going to celebrate Sarah Taylor's 1st birthday party. I can't even believe it's been a whole year. We're celebrating Auburn style, with a girly navy and blue polka dot cake, orange and blue ribbon topiaries, and fun football food. Pictures will come after the big event.
Happy Holiday season, everyone. My Christmas Wish List is coming up on the next post!

2 comments:
Glad I got to enjoy one of those tunical road trips with you! I had a blast! Happy 1st to Sarah Taylor!
I'm glad you came on a tunical road trip to visit me back in November...I wish you all were coming back this weekend!!! Miss you friend!!!
Post a Comment