That's right- the TV wall. I am the most symmetrically minded person you'll meet. What's on one side I like to have on the other. I love my table from Hobby Lobby that I purchased for the TV (although you can't see the detail in the picture), but looking back, it's just not the right piece for this space. I've thought about a wall gallery of pictures around the television, but chickened out because I was afraid one would hang crookedly...and we just can't have that, folks. I thought about a chair on one side, but then thought I would still fret on what to put on the wall behind it. There is no other place for the TV, so moving it is no option. So, I'm calling on all seasoned decoraters, amateur decorators, and decorator wannabes.....I NEED YOU! I'm soliciting any and every idea you have to make this boring wall match what I feel like is the rest of my finished and tranquil living area.
2 comments:
Hey Amy!
It's Holly (Maynard- Nick's sis :)) and I blog stalk you! Okay, so I have ZERO decorating experience. My house looks like a dorm room, with nothing but mismatched hand-me-downs in every room... But, two of my friends have decorated their homes really cute, and I plan to someday steal their ideas when I'm all grown up! :) Anyway, one has two small trees in these beautiful urns on each side of her entertainment center. And this is the college kid that needs to be freed inside me, but I think it would be super darling to string white lights year round in those trees. My friend got hers at Hobby Lobby.
The other idea is, if you like collages, but don't like tons of frames, what about finding some old window panes you could fill in with pictures, then it's just a large piece hanging, and would be easier to keep straight. Plus, I love the look of old doors and window panes used inside. I've even seen one where a window box was attached and everything. Okay, Like I said, I have NO decorating experience what so ever! Those are just some easy ideas I like.
I think you should go with the picture collage. Look at pottery barn and other places on line and get some ideas on what kind of layout you want. (I did this with about 15 frames of all different sizes and shapes from dollar tree and then spray painted them all to be the same, but you could definitely mix colors if you want). Then trace each frame on a paper bag (wrapping paper) and cut it out. Then hang those on the wall with tape so you can get a feel for it and move them around if you don't like it. Then hammer the nail on the paper (where the hanger is) so you get the exact spot. Tear the paper away and hang your frames. It's really a no error way of doing it. :) Hope this was not confusing. Good luck! Can't wait to see pics of what you decided to do! :)
Post a Comment