Well, here we are again...the start of a new year. My dad always told me that the older you get the faster time passes. He was certainly right. It seems like only a few weeks ago I was blogging about my new year's resolutions for 2010, and now it's 2011. I can't believe it! Was it really 11 years ago that we thought once the clock stuck midnight our computers would no longer work and we'd be left without electricity or electronics for good? C-razy!!!
Typically, I have a page's worth of resolutions I'm ready to make and work hard to accomplish. This year has been somewhat different. It's not that I don't have a page's worth of things to work on, because I have many more than would fit on a page. It's just I've decided to simplify my goals this year. If it sounds selfish, please don't take it that way. But, I want to work on me in 2011. All around me. I want to eat better, feel better, think better, and serve better. I'm tired of letting life happen to me. I've taken a backseat position and watched my life pass me by. I'M SICK OF IT my blog friends, sick of it! I know God ultimately controls my life, but I have a much larger part in making my life what I want it to be than I have been willing to accept. No longer. I'm ready.
This year, I am taking control. Everything in my life will not be so serious. I want to laugh more and shrug things off my shoulders that before I would have let sit for way too long. I want to listen more and talk much less. I want to honor the temple God has in me and do everything I can to free myself of the "junk" that is in me and around me so I can be open to what God has in store. I want to display the unconditional joy He makes available for me each day and grab it with gusto and run! I want to be happy with me and know that I've done everything in my power to be the best me. I'm pretty excited about the new life I have planned for myself. I certainly covet your prayers as I try to maintain the strength to hold onto God and this life I know He wants for me, and to punch Satan in the face when he tries to tug at me and entice me to go the other way. Hear that, Satan???
So friends, here's to a new year! Let's own it!
5 comments:
Love this post Amy. I think that all you've said can certainly apply to all of us. What a great thing to start my day off. :)
You go girl! It's funny that you posted this, because just the other day I was thinking about New Years Resolutions and how most of mine are always left UN-accomplished, so this year I have resolved to just be a better me. Then when I read your post I had to laugh, knowing that we are really two peas in a pod. I love you sis! Here's to a brand new AWESOME year!
You rock!!!! I'm right there cheering you on and I should apply much of what you said to my own life. 2011 is yours!!!
Thanks for the inspiration!
love this! especially the "shrug things off" thing!!! think i'll work on a better me this year too!
Post a Comment