Thursday, October 21, 2010

Anytizers

Well, I'm back on the stupid Glycemic Index diet again.  I had been pondering it for a while and finally the motivation hit me.  I wouldn't say it's the best option for everyone, but for me it is.  I've never eaten healthier than when I'm on it.  I have no processed foods, lots of protein, only natural sugars, etc.  I am allowing myself a meal or two a week off, such as Bunco nights, our school teacher lunch on Fridays, etc.  I'm hoping that will make the transition easier and help me not to feel so deprived of anything that tastes good.

Grocery shopping takes longer these days, because I have to look at the nutrition facts on every single thing I buy.  I typically know the fat content from diets before, but now I'm looking at carbs, fiber, and sugar.  I can't tell you how many things I looked at and put back.  But today, I found these...

                                            
Chicken Cordon Bleu Minis!  True, the picture doesn't make them look very appetizing, at all actually.  However, I tried them tonight and they are DELICIOUS!  There are only 9 grams of carbs in three of them (which is plenty, because they're bigger than they look) and no sugar.  It's the perfect thing for me, and it's something different. 

Just thought I'd share a new favorite!  Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

3 comments:

Etta said...

That's great. I may have to try those. And, I definitely think allowing yourself a couple meals a week to not be so strict will help you so much. I hope it goes well for you. Good luck!

McKinney Madness said...

That looks delicious! May have to go get some tonight...

Scarlett said...

Yum! I'm gonna get me some too! Walmart?