Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Top Ten Things I Love about Fall

1. Weather- I HATE hot weather! Let me repeat, HATE hot weather. Although I like what comes with it- summer vacation- I would much rather be inside spending quality time with the AC.

2. Decorations- From cornucopias to turkeys, from jack-o-lanterns to scarecrows- I love it all!

3. Fall scented candles- "Leaves" from Bath and Body Works is one of my favorites!




4. My fireplace- This will be my first fall in my new house, with my fireplace!  It's wood burning, so that means I can burn it as long as I want and don't have to worry about the price of gas!  I plan on making some smores, too.  How fun is that?

5. Soup- I love some soup!  I actually made my first pot  recipe of the season last night.  It's 7 Can Soup and if you've never tried it, I highly recommend it.  It's cheap and easy.  (1 large can diced tomatoes, 1 can corn, 1 can rotel, 1 can Campbell's Chunky Vegetable Soup, 1 can tomato soup, 2 cans chili. Dump them all in the pot and stir.  Heat until warm.)

6. Football- Need I say more?



 
7. New Seasons of my favorite shows- DWTS, Amazing Race, American Idol

 
8. No more snakes- Hopefully as the weather gets colder, my worries of stepping on a snake on my front porch will be eliminated.

9. Sweatshirts- My friends will tell you, I'm all about being comfortable.  I will choose to wear a sweatshirt or t-shirt over anything else any day of the week if I can.  I love to cuddle up at home in my pjs during the winter, which consist of a sweatshirt and some comfy sweatpants.  I feel the need to clarify- no elastic at the bottom of those pants, friends.  Just sayin'.....

10.  Sarah Taylor- My sweet niece will be here this fall.  She's due to arrive in just a few weeks and I couldn't be more excited.  I feel so incredibly blessed, and I know this precious little girl will grow up in a home where she's showered with love from so many people.  Most importantly, she will be given earthly examples of her Heavenly Father's love by way of her parents.  I can't wait!

I'd love to know what your favorite things are about fall!  Tag yourselves and have fun!


3 comments:

The Penter Family said...

You KNOW there is elastic on the bottom of those sweat pants! Ha! Ha! You have the matching sweartshirt and pants to make a solid colored sweatsuit! Ha! Totally used to wear those when I was a kid... I should be ashamed!

McKinney Madness said...

Well what a sweet thing to say sister!! I used to think Summer was my favorite season, but Fall is quickly taking its place. I LOVE all of the things you mentioned, and it makes me so excited to feel this great weather!

Katie said...

I love many of the same things friend!!! You make me want to leave work and go home and get cozy on the couch.