Is summer really almost halfway over? It always flies by, doesn't it? It's been a great one thusfar. It seems like I've spent every single day doing something and not so many laying around relaxing at home doing nothing. I guess that's a good thing though, because I get to do lots of fun things that I am not able to do during the school year.
First was VBS- "To Eternity and Beyond." I was in charge of crafts, and that definitely was a challenge. We had almost 100 kids in one section and let's just say that making a Mr. Potato Head (out of a real potato) with that many kids in 20 minutes isn't the easiest of tasks. The kids had a blast though, and our hope is that Jesus made himself visible to every precious child there.
Next, was Impact. I just got home a couple hours ago and that week continues to bless me just as much today as it did the first year I went in 2002. The relationships I've made there are absolutely irreplacable. I've never been in a place with that many people searching for Jesus in my life. We were all there to find Him in a new way and boy, did we ever! Praise God for the miracle of Impact.
Tuesday is a HUGE day! We find out if I'm going to have a niece or nephew!!! I usually have a hunch about things like this but I'm just really not sure about this one. I have no idea what to expect. All I pray for daily is a healthy baby and regardless if it's a boy or a girl....it will be spoiled rotten. Gram (my mom) has already been buying baby clothes and books. As soon as I moved out of her house she made my room into a nursery. There's already a baby bed and a glider (thanks, Paige) in there. Do you think she's ready?? ;)
Next on the docket is Washington, DC!! I fly out Saturday morning at 7am. I'm so excited to go spend some time with Josh, Ginger, Rhett, and Ryder. I've been to DC before but it'll be neat to be there on the 4th of July and to be able to see Josh play on his home field. I'm super excited. This will be my first time to fly by myself, though. I'm a little bit nervous, but it's nonstop so that makes it much easier. Yay for fun trips like this!
We had to cancel our beach trip this year. We're super sad, especially since we had reservations for EIGHT NIGHTS! But, we just couldn't take a chance on the fumes/chemicals that could be in the air, especially since Cort's pregnant and Noah has asthma. We're sad, but understand there's nothing we can do about it. We weren't able to find reservations at another beach. I guess everyone had the same idea. The girls are excited though, because my mom, my aunt, Cort, Paige, Brooke, Anna, and myself are going to Ross Bridge in Birmingham for a girls' weekend. We're really excited to spend time with each other shopping, eating, playing games, eating, just hanging out, and eating. Ha! I love these ladies and am looking so forward to this trip!
After that, I guess it'll be time to run back in the classroom and get ready for 20 new fourth graders. I'm not quite prepared to dwell on that at this point. :) Between all the activities above AND my two summer jobs, there hasn't been a dull day. I'm thankful for it all, though. I'm so blessed!
3 comments:
Sounds like your summer has been busy and fun! I bet you were so good at crafts for VBS... you are the craftiest person I know!
Cortney let me use her teacher's rate for Ross Bridge too! Cam and I are staying there next weekend for a night or too!
We need to catch up soon. Let me know the next time you are coming to Birmingham...
You've definitely made the most of your summer! Just make sure you enjoy it and stop thinking about when school starts back!! :)
Ummm...did you forget to mention that I came and stayed with you????? I think that should have at least made the highlight reel of the summer's events :)
Love ya!
Post a Comment