Tuesday, June 08, 2010

These Are a Few of My (current) Favorite Things!

1.  I'm trying to get back into the swing of doing without carbs and processed food, so I have stocked my fridge and pantry with protein, fiber, fiber, and more fiber.  I've discovered a few new things since last time I was on this diet and this is one of them.  It's Brummel and Brown Cream Fruit Spread and it's AMAZING! It only has a few grams of carbs and a more than average amount of fiber.  Combine it with a multi-grain english muffin and my all-time favorite fat free and calorite free Parkay spray butter and you've got yourself a winning breakfast!
2. I am working at two retail stores this summer to make some extra money.  One is a children's clothing store and one is just a cute little privately owned store that carries lots of cute, girly things.  They carry Tyler Candles and I've become a recent fan. My favorite scent is Limelight. 
3.  I love to read, but it seems like the summer time is when I actually make the time to sit down and do it.  I was privileged to be able to meet Nicholas Sparks and get him to autograph his most recent release called The Lucky One.  It's actually been out for a while but I'm just now getting around to reading it.  I am in the middle of it now and I absolutely love it!  I definitely recommend it to everyone.

4. Along the lines of number one, I'm also looking for alternatives to carbonated beverages.  I am trying to steer away from artificial sweeteners.  Vitamin Water Zero is naturally sweetened with Stevia.  I will say that not all flavors of this I like.  But, the Acai Blueberry Pomegranate flavor I do.  And I don't feel guilty for drinking it!


Anyone have any favorite things you'd like to share?  I tag you all if so!

4 comments:

Will and Melodie said...

They had some of the Acai berries at Frostbite to put on your yogurt and it tasted exactly like drinking the Vitamin water. Very neat!

Emily said...

I love "favorite things" posts!!! I am also addicted to Tyler candles. They have a great fall scent--can't remember the name but I had two in my house and lit them almost every day! Glad to know of a place in Florence that sells them!

Cortney said...

All good choices, I must say!! My favorite Tyler candles are "High Maintenance" and "Diva." Have you smelled those? And I'll certainly have to try the B and B fruit spread- YUM! I was thinking about doing a favorite things post... great minds think alike!

brooke said...

Love those Tyler candles too....reading this makes me think about how I need a new candle right now!!! That spread does sound yummy. I love it when I read about someone's favorite things! Can't wait for our vacation!!