Monday, December 07, 2009

Here We Come!!!!!

Opryland Hotel, here we come!


My entire family is off early Friday morning to begin a weekend trip we've been looking forward to for a couple months. All 22 of us are going to the Opryland Hotel for the weekend! I received my itinerary today, all typed out with the map of the hotel attached. Yes, my aunt is super organized and as excited about this trip as anyone. It's because of her and my uncle that we are able to go. (Thanks so much to you both if you're reading!) We're meeting at Cracker Barrel for breakfast early Friday morning, then headed on to Nashville. We are going to Treasures for the Holidays, Hall of Trees, Gingerbread Corner, and Holidays' Kid Train- and that's all before lunch Friday! Then we're going to the Louise Mandrel Dinner Show (HA!), Rockabilly Christmas, Brightest Star Fountain Show, and an outdoor nativity display. Saturday is "Charlie Brown ICE." I've never been, but rumor has it there's a big slide made out of ice that we're all fighting to go down first. THen we're going to see the Rockettes and going on carriage rides!!! I CANNOT wait! My main hurdle is going to be to get through the temptation of eating all the snacks that everyone is bringing. We are all supposed to bring snacks in five individual containers for all five rooms. That way we all have a variety. I doubt there will be much I am able to eat, but this special trip may call for just a few indulgences. :)

I'm SOOOO thankful that God blessed me with the best family I could ever ask for. Lots of pictures to come when we get home!

6 comments:

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

We can't wait! I'm just praying we are all well come this weekend.

brooke said...

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Penter Family said...

It is SOOO fun. I have been there for all that Christmas stuff several times... and YES, there is a slide of ice and you will FLY down it so fast... Y'all are going to have such a great time. Wish we were going this year again...

McKinney Madness said...

Nashvegas here we come!!

Meredith said...

I'm excited for y'all! My parents are taking my kids to the Rockettes on Sat. morning (11:00, I think). I love going...but they are just taking the kids this time... and that's great, too! I know you've been looking foward to this for a long time and you'll have a great time!!!!

Bowerman Blessed said...

Yippee! We are off! Cannot wait.