Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cupcakes!

Tomorrow night I host "Tacky Christmas Sweater Bunco" at my house. I've been busy cleaning, painting canvases for presents, and preparing the meal. The main course will be poppyseed chicken casserole, homemade macaroni and cheese, pan seared asparagus, and cornbread. For dessert I wanted something festive, and since cupcakes have been on my mind (see Haley's blog), I decided to make some! They're Christmas ornaments! The cupcake is a cake mix but I made the icing myself. I put an entire bottle of red food coloring it in to try and make it red, but this is as red as it got! The hook is made of a pretzel inside a Reese's peanut butter cup. The dots are mini M&Ms. I'm a little disappointed in the way they look- they aren't as cute as I wanted them to be. I must say though, that icing is yummy!


More pictures will be coming soon of everyone's tacky Christmas outfits. I can't wait to see what everyone came up with!

8 comments:

Willingham World said...

I love them....Great job! You are so CRAFTY!

The Penter Family said...

they look great! you should start a cupcake and canvas business!

Haley said...

I love them! I think they are really cute. I just found out I am in charge of dessert for my family Christmas this year so I will be making more soon! woo hoooo!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Sounds like fun! Cute ornament cupcakes! ;) Glad we got to see ya'll a little this weekend. :)

Scarlett said...

I think they are precious!! Next time you can try Wilton No Taste Red food coloring (at Hobby Lobby) and you don;t have to use a lot and it doesn't taste like dye!! I can't wait to see the tacky pictures!

Julie Young said...

Yum! Can you bring me one!?!?!

Katie said...

Impressive cupcakes!

Melodie S. said...

You are just a little Ms. Martha aren't you? The cupcakes are fab!