Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009

I can't believe that it's New Year's Eve and we are about to ring in a new year. It seems like only a few weeks ago that I was writing my resolutions and attempting to motivate myself to make 2008 MY year, to follow through with my goals, and change a lot of things in my life. Unfortunately, discipline isn't a virtue I was able to teach myself this past year. Many things I wanted to change have remained unchanged and many things I wanted to complete have remained incomplete. Today, as I think about the year to come, I am determined to take control of my life. For too long, I have been complacent and content to allow fear, worry, doubt, and plain ole negativity take me down for the count. I vow to you, my fellow blog readers, that I am going to try my hardest, through my God, to refuse to let Satan tempt me to do that for even one more day. So many aspects of my life that I want to be different are within reach and I am going to pray fervently that this will be the year it will happen. I pray for more faith- in God and in myself because I have Him fighting for me. I pray for discipline and self-respect. For self-control and contentment. For HOPE.... Here's to 2009! Happy New Year to you all!!!

8 comments:

Melodie S. said...

Awesome post Amy! I would love just to copy and paste it to my blog. I especially like the part -"So many aspects of my life that I want to be different are within reach." I will pray for you and me too.

Julie Young said...

Happy New Year!! Hopefully 2009 will bring you all the things you want.

McKinney Madness said...

Preach it sister!! Here's to 2009!!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Great post and I think we all feel that way! You are amazing and I know you will have an awesome year!

*erica* said...

Hey sweet Amy!!! It's ur cuz Erica!! :) HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!!!! Hope to see you soon!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey erica! i'm so excited you started a blog. i can't wait to read! happy new year!!

The Penter Family said...

I LOVE that canvas you made Cort for Christmas. Do you think you might have time to make me one too? If so, How much do you charge?

Anonymous said...

yes! i'd love to make you one! email me and we'll figure it out!