Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Not so Heavenly Ham

Eating lunch at 11 is way early, and waiting until 8:30 to eat dinner is way late. Needless to say, I was ready for dinner tonight! I planned today to go to use a gift certificate at Heavenly Ham after church. I thought it would be a somewhat healthy option, at least better than a greasy hamburger and french fries. So, off I go. I parked and walked up to the entrance outside the mall. Strange...it's only 8:25 and the door is locked. I walked inside the mall to go in that entrance. The big chain linked "door" (no idea what those are called) was a little less than halfway down. I walked in anyway and asked the girl so diligently scrubbing the counters if they were closed. She said no, but they stop serving sandwiches at 8 or 8:15. Now, aren't sandwiches the only thing they serve at Heavenly Ham? Last time I checked that was true. Umm, all the chairs are already up on the tables so if I wanted to go in and sit down for some reason I couldn't do that. SO WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE THEY DOING STILL OPEN?? UGHHHHHHHHHHHH! This is a huge pet peeve of mine. If you say you're open until 9, stay open and serve people until then. If you're going to stop serving and all but shut down the place, lock the doors! I am most definitely annoyed. What did I do? I was oh so tempted to go get some greasy french fries, but no. I came home and had a oscar meyer ham sandwich with stale wheat bread...not the dinner I had in mind all day long.

I can't wait until opening time in the morning. Guess who's calling the manager??? I will get revenge...and maybe a free meal, too! :) I'll let you know what they say.

P.S. How 'bout these two posts in one week????

5 comments:

Haley said...

Oh you sooooo need to call the manager. And then post again and let us know what happened. That is so insane! I would've been so mad. But I would've gone straight to BK and gotten a double whopper.

Julie Young said...

Amy that story cracked me up! I hate when they close early like that also. Mcdonalds and places like that close their icecream machine early also. Those workers just want to leave early so they close early. Please post again after you call the manager.

Meredith said...

HA! I know you were a lot nicer than I would've been. I would've said everything that you just typed to the girl that was "working!" Can't wait to hear how it goes when you call the manager.

Etta said...

I went to Dillard's once after making a last minute decision to get a haircut. I even called and asked what time they closed. 9pm. I get there about 7:30 and there is a man standing behind the desk on a computer or something. When I finally get his attention after about 5 min. he tells me that there isn't anybody there. They all left since no one had come it. Really? A hair salon open but no one to do hair. I was just as furious. It's so ridiculous.

Kimberly said...

Isn't this the second time this has happened to you at that same store? I remember the manager being really upset last time. I would definitely call and complain!