If you're just tuning in, read the post below and then come back to this one.
Yes, I'm writing this from school. I'm very frustrated at this point. I just got off the phone with the manager at Heavenly Ham. I first asked him what time they closed. His response was 9:00. I then asked what time they stopped serving sandwiches. To that, he said usually around 8:30. I shared with him what happened last night and to my surprise...and disgust...he defended the worker and what she did. He said that most of the time the mall is dead from 8-9 so because of that and the increasing cost of the economy and running the place an extra hour, that they most certainly do start shutting down early. I explained to him how confusing that was to customers, because when a store's hours are posted, we expect to be able to be served up until then. He tried to make me understand the process they have to go through to get everything cleaned up and shut down, attempting to make me understand that's why they stop serving early. Now, am I wrong or isn't that process supposed to begin AFTER closing time? He again explained that if they haven't been busy then they wanted to go ahead and get things cleaned up so they could go home. Oh my word! I can't even believe it. I'm so thinking of calling the Heavenly Ham Headquarters (haha) or whatever they're called. Am I the only one that thinks this is just wrong? Maybe I should just tell my students this afternoon around 2:00 that they can leave if they want, because I have copies to make and plans to write. UGH!
10 comments:
Well, clearly they're stupid! :o) Just close at 8 then...or does that mean they'd have to start cleaning up and quit serving at 7:30???
I can remember when I worked at a restuarant and it was frustrating when someone would come in 5 minutes before we closed. But you know what, we had to serve them because we were still OPEN. In your case, you went in 30 minutes before they closed. Blaming it on the ecomony is a terrible excuse. If they dont get any business after 8:00, then close at 8:00. But Meredith is right, they would probably then just stop serving customers at 7:30.
That would make me mad! Hello...have you ever heard of Customer Service? Just an apology would be nice and maybe a gift certificate for a free sandwich. :) I agree with you 100% about the OPEN sign. I'm going to tell my kids tonight that they're not getting dinner b/c I need to start the cleaning up process around here to get ready for bedtime. :)
I think he's right. The economy is so bad I should probably stop eating ham sandwiches.
Amy I am behind you 100%! That is just crazy!
Call the manager at the mall. They probably have a clause in their lease that requires them to stay open during the mall's business hours.
I agree with you! When I worked in fast food, cleaning up did take place some before closing, but the grills, etc were cleaned after closing. I hope you call headquarters (or in H. Ham's case, would that be *hind* quarters?!)
When our local gas station went up to 5.35, I called every news agency and the Attorney General. They are now being investigated! ha! You go girl!
Didn't that happen to you once before when me and Will were with you? Same store? Pretty sure that was you. I'm mad with you. That is just insane. What is the purpose of leaving the door open and the light on if you can't buy anything? I hope you don't stop with that one phone call!! Get em'!
gah. see if I eat at HH anytime soon. ;)
i think the new thing to do is blame the economy...we all get it, it's bad. blah. but to not serve a sandwich while the store is open and you are still paying an employee? that's ridiculous. somebody has a hard time admitting fault.
Post a Comment