Monday, April 23, 2007

Randomness- Warning: It's blunt

I haven't blogged in a while. Even today, I don't have much exciting news going on to post. So, I just thought I would write about several random thoughts I've had over the past week or two.

1. Thank goodness Sanjaya is gone. I have to admit, I did feel sorry for him after seeing him so upset when his name was called. I'm sure he's a good kid-just not one made to be a finalist on American Idol.

2. I have officially decided who I want to win American Idol......Jordin! I absolutely love her. After she sang Martina's song last week, it sealed the deal for me. I still love Phil, Melinda, Blake, and Chris. I would be okay if any of them won. Lakisha is just not a favorite. I think 90% of the reason she's in it is for the money.

3. I went to another wedding Saturday. I say "another" because 30 year old single women just don't love going to weddings anymore. I've seen it all and heard it all, my favorite songs have been used up, what were my original ideas years ago have all been taken, and I'm just ready for my own!! It was a beautiful wedding and actually one in which I thought the bride and groom were good for each other and will probably have a happy, fulfilling, God-centered marriage. Good for them......Gag- God is good though, and He's teaching me many things that I need to know before that time comes (if He so chooses). Until then, I'll just keep praying..........

4. Speaking of the wedding and being single...help me out on this one everybody. My mom is at the point to where she would marry me off to even Sanjaya if she had the choice. She's ready for some grandkids and she will go to whatever lengths she has to to make sure that happens! I'm so just kidding! All joking aside, she's wonderful about it and prays more for Cort and me more than even we do for ourselves. But, she's always quick to remind me that I need to "put myself out there" and "flirt". Now, how old does that make me feel? Hello, am I still in junior high? Anyway, at the wedding the groom was getting ready to throw the garter. All of a sudden, mom starts talking to me about the single guys out there (whose ages averaged about 15 probably) and how cute she thought they were. She literally wanted me to go out there and introduce myself and talk to them. What in the world was I to do? Speak up and say "Excuse me, but can you put your wedding reception on hold while I go and meet these guys whom I could be given jailtime if I were to go out with anyway??" I mean, come on. What did mom think would actually come of that anyway? They would look at me like I was crazy and I would feel stupid. What ever happend to guys being the ones to do the pursuing???? I know I can't expect to sit at home on the couch and have Mr. Right show up on the doorstep, but seriously. I am NO GOOD AT THIS! I hate it, hate it, hate it. I hate being set up, blind dates are my worst nightmare, and I want so desperately to skip to the night he proposes. Is that possible? Some days I wish we lived in the days of arranged marriages. In many ways it would be so much easier.

5. Cort runs the Country Music Half Marathon this weekend. Pray for her safety, energy, strength, and motivation. I'm so proud of her.

6. I went to see In the Land of Women last night, with Meg Ryan and Adam Brody. I have a new little crush here. I never watched him on the OC but I wish I had now. He is precious!!!! The movie was pretty good. The plot wasn't really deep and not very obvious, but nevertheless, entertaining and cute.

Look at those dimples, and eyes, and, and, and, and................

No comments: