Tuesday, March 11, 2014

In Other News...and a Great Recipe (Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad)

Man, that giveaway in my last post went over like a ton of bricks, huh?  Holly, I owe you.  Thanks for your comment.  I planned to send you the valentine happy anyway, but to be honest, I have no idea what I've done with what I bought.  So, shout out to you for winning....nothing.  ;)  Ha!  Seriously, appreciated you commenting.

What do y'all think about that ole Juan Pablo?  Ay yi yi!  He's a jerk face, huh?  Is Nikki out of her mind for staying with him?  Reality Steve said he was only in it for the fame and fortune, and I happen to agree.  ABC lost a perfectly good season with him.  I'm working on being excited about Andi, but I'm not there yet.  But let's face it, Kermit the Frog could be the Bachelor and I'd watch.

I'm so excited about the warmer weather!  Although, the only thing on my mind is....snake season.  I avoided any sightings last year, so pray this year will be the same.

I tried a new recipe this week that I love.  It's simple and the best part is, there's only about 250 calories per serving, which is 2.5 cups.  It's called Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad.


Ingredients:

Dressing:
     1/3 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
     2/3 cup light sour cream
     1 tbsp. minced chipotle chile, in adobo sauce (in section with mexican foods)
     1 tsp. ground cumin
     1 tsp. chili powder
     4 tsp. lime juice
     1/4 tsp. salt

Salad:
     4 cups shredded lettuce
     2 cups boneless, skinless chicken breasts
     1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
     1/2 cup diced, peeled avocado
     1/3 thinly sliced red onion
     1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (You KNOW I left these out.)
     1 can whole kernel corn, drained


To prepare dressing, mix all ingredients well.  Pour over salad and enjoy.

No comments: