So, who says girls can't have Super Bowl parties? I couldn't have cared less about the outcome and in fact, didn't even know who was playing until a week before. But, the halftime show was amazing and the commercials entertaining, so that was reason enough for a party. I decided to try a recipe I found on Pioneer Woman's website. It's called Spicy Whiskey BBQ Sliders, but I left out the whiskey and they were ah-mazing.
Spicy BBQ Sliders
2 lbs ground beef
salt and pepper
1 whole, large onion
1 cup BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
12 Dinner Rolls
***Can also include jalapenos to add spice. I didn't.
Form the meat into twelve small patties. Salt and pepper each side. Fry in skillet (Mrs. Pioneer Woman said 3-4 minutes on each side. WRONG! It took waaaaay longer than that. I eventually had to put them in the microwave to speed up the process.) Remove the patties from the skillet and set aside. Drain all but about two tablespoons of grease from the skillet.
Chop onion and place in skillet. Add BBQ sauce. Saute until warm. Add patties to mix. Cook until no longer pink and onions are soft. Place inside grilled or toasted dinner rolls. Spoon BBQ/onion mixture on top of hamburger.
Yummmmmm!
No comments:
Post a Comment