Thursday, June 14, 2012

Minnesota

As I mentioned in a previous post, I just returned from a great trip to Minnesota.  It was my first visit there and I came home with the conclusion that the south has met its match as far as hospitality and kindness.  Everywhere we went people would ask how we were, how our day was going, open doors for us, offer to carry our food to the car, etc.  They are some of the most genuine people I've ever been around.  It was so encouraging and just outright heartwarming to know there are still many nice people in the world...even up north! :)

I visited the Mall of America, which is insane!  It's ginormous and has so many roller coasters and rides in the middle of it.  I'm not a fan of roller coasters, so I watched as everyone else rode...other than the kiddy one I rode with Ryder.  It was just my speed.  Ha!


I got to go to a lot of Twins games and see Josh play.  He hit three home runs while I was there, so I'd pretty much say I brought him good luck.  Target Field is so pretty.  We got to go on the field and watch fireworks in honor of Memorial Day.  I got to go in the Twins' dugout, which was really neat.  One observation to add- this team is made up of some really good looking men!  Wow.






We also traveled to Kansas City, in which I got to drive through Iowa and cross over the border into Kansas.  Iowa was nothing but corn, flat land, corn again, and these windmills/wind turbines/whatever they're called.  I had never seen anything like it!


I got to add the Royals stadium to my list of those I've visited.  It was pretty, too.


I'm so thankful to have had this opportunity and to have visited several states I had never been to before. I flew back to Birmingham and got to spend a few days with my favorite one year old and my sister and brother.  LOVE them!


Her new beach hat.  She's ready!


I'm home now but will be leaving to sing at a youth event next week, AcaFest in Nashville the week after that, meet up with some girlfriends for a weekend of fun, and the family beach trip in mid July.  I love me some summertime!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You deserve a great summer after teaching all year. Enjoy! And yes, people "up north" do get a bad rap but I can say also that we have met the kindest, sweetest people here.