Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Valentine

Yep- for this girl, Valentine's Day is dreaded every year.  With each passing one, I hope the next will bring something different.  So far, it hasn't, but my faith isn't in myself or a man- it's in MY GOD!  That's the love I chose to celebrate yesterday.  Although I woke up in a terrible not so good mood, my heart was full and content by the end of the day.

It started off before school when my sweet co-teacher brought in the cutest notecards and a precious note that made me feel special.  Then, it continued around 9:00 am with office aide #1 bringing in a bright red wrapped gift.  I was very confused when she said, "It's for you."  I read the note and tears came to my eyes.  The gift was a coffee pot (notice the note), in which Scarlett had heard me say recently that I didn't have and needed to purchase due to my new craving for coffee.  She's so thoughtful and creative!  I LOVED it! 


Later yesterday afternoon, office aide #2 comes in with three roses and a bright pink bag.  Again, "It's for you."  What in the world?  Inside the bag was a candle, chocolates, and a heart-shaped soap.  This note was one of the kindest and special ones I've ever received.  I will keep it forever.  I still don't know who sent it, but I think God used them yesterday to fill my heart and provide me an earthly representation of HIS love.  I will never forget it.  The note says this:  Amy- Thank you for being who you are.  You are someone that can turn a bad day into a great day.  You know how to make others feel special simply by how you treat them.  You are a fantastic teacher and I know for a fact your kids adore you.  On this day of love, I want you to know so many love you and that's because you show love to others.  Most of all, thank you for showing others that being a child of God is so special.  God has blessed my life (along with others) for knowing you.  MHBS is very lucky to have someone like you. (Please believe I shared this not to boast or be prideful of myself.  I, in fact, feel very undeserving of the words this person spoke.)


After school, I come to my car to find this.  It's a gift basket for my mom and me from my precious friend, Amanda.  Inside was chicken salad, chocolate covered strawberries, homemade heart cookies, plates and polka-dot napkins, and more.  Overwhelmed....that's what I was.  Another reminder of how blessed I am by the absolute best friends in the world. 



My day ended with dinner with my sweet and precious Mom.  She is the most incredible person and is my rock.  I couldn't have asked for a better Valentine's date. :)

I don't know what I did to deserve all my "happys" yesterday.  Somehow that dreaded day turned out to be such a blessing.  I'm seeing God more and more lately and I think yesterday was just another way He made His presence known to me through some truly awesome people.  THANK YOU- to everyone who played a part in making my day so special. I will have a new perspective next Valentine's Day.  I will make sure those closest to me know they're loved, like I knew yesterday.  Although, it wouldn't hurt to have a husband for next year either.... :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy-Every word that was written and spoken to you is the truth. You are precious!

Jamie Grizzle said...

Wow! You are LOVED! Those sweet messages brought tears to my eyes. What a special day!

Julie Young said...

Wow! That is awesome Amy! You have some great friends!