I was in California for 16 days and I loved it! I wouldn't say I'm a seasoned traveler, but California is definitely the most beautiful state I have ever visited. I was in awe of the mountains, the landscaping, and the weather. It was 55 degrees one day!
We visited San Francisco, which was amazing. We drove over the Golden Gate Bridge, had dinner with the Tanners...okay not really, but we went to the actual house from the show and also visited the spot from the family picnic on the show opener. I saw Alcatraz, went to Pier 39 and saw all the seals, and rode the hills of downtown San Fran. I LOVE it there!
We visited a little town called Half Moon Bay. If you have read any Nicholas Sparks books, it's exactly the type town I imagine when I read his work. There were no chain restaurants, just local diners and shops. There was no Walmart or Target, just organic groceries and privately owned stores. There were people riding bikes up and down the streets...just a quaint little town. The ocean was breathtaking. I have never seen a view like this one.
Thank you Ginger, if you're reading, for the trip of a lifetime! Thank you for humoring me and allowing me to be the typical tourist and for slowing down everytime I wanted to take a picture from the window of the car. I had a blast!
I'm home for two days and then off to the beach with my family! I am SO excited to spend a week with 22 of my very favorite people in the world. After that, I'm home a week and then to Antigua for a mission trip. Prayers for safe travels and open hearts are appreciated. I hope God shows up and shows off through all 162 of us.
Happy summer, my friends!
3 comments:
Looks like you had a blast!
I'm so glad you had such a good time. You've been wanting to go to CA FOREVER so I'm ecstatic you were able to go and spend 16 days there! The pics are gorgeous!
Great pictures! I'm so glad you got to go and that you had a great time! Enjoy the beach and then Antigua!!
Post a Comment