Monday, May 09, 2011

How Do They Do It?

So I look at all these super cute blogs out in cyberspace and wonder how, oh how, did my life become so boring? Some of these ladies blog every other day, each post being amazingly interesting and insightful. If you are wondering which blogs I'm speaking of, check out my sidebar.  They're ladies I don't know personally, but am given a glimpse inside each day of their lives by way of their blogs.  (Why I'm so carried away with what happens in someone else's life is another story.  Am I weird?)  Anyway, I’m sorry, but my life just isn’t that eventful. Who wants to read about my exciting afternoon at Walmart, cleaning out my flowerbeds, or a meeting after church? B-O-R-I-N-G!

So I’m left wondering- how can I spice up my blog and make it interesting and fun like these others? What can I write about to keep all three of you on the edge of your seats and coming back every day to visit? Are you waiting for a brilliant answer? Exhale then, because I don’t have one.

I know how excited I get when I see a new post appear on my blog roll. I want to give you that excitement when one appears from me. I’m just not quite sure how to do it. I think I need to enroll in blogging 101.

Sincerely,
the dull one

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever,, I love reading your blog, but I do know what you mean. I feel the same way...

The Penter Family said...

first of all: I have NEVER EVER thought your blog was dull!!!

Not sure how those people do it...I guess they have more interesting lives than us. Ha! I can't give you any advice...seeing as how I blog about pretty boring stuff too!

I really like it when you post about the book you are reading though...

Julie Young said...

I am with you 100% Amy! I feel the same way about blogging these days.

McKinney Madness said...

1. No, it's not weird to blog stalk strangers and think their life is more interesting than yours. I do it all the time.
2. I think everyone thinks their own life is boring.
3. I blog to document my life. If people want to read it- great. If not, that's okay, too. You should think the same. : )
4. Idea: List some of your good recipes and take pics of step by step directions. I need some good recipes Trey would eat!

Katie said...

I love your blog!!! I always enjoy reading it!!! I find my blog is often boring because I'm mostly blogging about my family or the Cardinals (which unless you like baseball, and them, it's a wash of information for a lot of people). I think your blog is always GREAT! Thanks for keeping me informed on your life :) and thanks for keeping me informed on your little consumer product "likes." I love it when you post those:)