Monday, December 06, 2010

Deck the Halls!

...or the living room! I was so excited to be able to decorate my own house this year for the holidays. I bought a 7-ft pre-lit tree from a friend for $40. I was a little hesitant to purchase the tree sight unseen, but I decided it was worth it to not have to pay $200 or more at the store. Once I put it up, it was perfect. I couldn't afford to buy all new ornaments so I had to use what I had from previous years. I went with a very, very simple theme. I got some polka dot ribbon and made a bow for the top, and went with solid red and light blue ornaments to match. I'm sure I will add more to it next year but for now, I'm pleased. I still need a tree skirt, but am thinking about buying some cute fabric to put underneath the tree instead.  I also bought a pre-lit wreath and hung it on the mirror which sets on my mantle. I made a bow from the ribbon to match the one on the tree. It's so cozy to sit at home with the Christmas tree lit and a fire going in my first ever fireplace! (Although, I hate the smell a fire leaves. Any suggestions on how to get rid of that or eliminate it???)

I'm so thankful for this past year and for all God has given me. I bought a house and of course the most recent..welcomed my precious niece into the world.  It's this time of year that I'm especially reminded of how good God has been, through the good AND the bad.  Merry Christmas! 

P.S.  Tacky Christmas Bunco at my house next week.  Stay tuned for pics!!!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty!! Glad that you found a tree that you love!

The Penter Family said...

I'm very impressed with your bow making abilities! Looks great!

Haley said...

I love the mirror/wreath combo above the mantle; saw that in PB and I totally would've done that. You have the perfect house to do it in though.

Also - how much ribbon did it take to make that bow? And can we get a tutorial please? I need one for my tree!

Oh, and might the felt queen make a suggestion for your tree skirt? One yard of white felt (if you think the bolt is big/wide enough) and cut you out a tree skirt, then get you a few 25cent squares of baby blue and red, and cut out some polkadots and hot glue to the tree skirt. Wah-lah, shah-bam, shah-boom! Love me some felt! There is a cute one here, check it out... and you could change the colors to your white/babyblue/red scheme...

http://reviews.landofnod.com/6329/7412/reviews.htm

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Looks beautiful, Amy! I still haven't even seen your house!

Katie said...

very pretty Amy!!! Love your decorations!