Thursday, August 19, 2010

Whirlwind and Wisdom

I'm still here friends.  I have been struggling to keep myself above water yet again.  School started just a little over a week ago and it's been nonstop since.  I haven't had much time to blog, and to be honest, haven't had much to blog about. I've had that feeling lately that life in general is attempting to pull me under.  It seems I rarely have a night to relax and always have something to do or somewhere to go.  When I look back at exactly what captures all my time, I'm usually unable to recall it....it's that mundane.  I feel like life as I know it lately (aka Satan) is tempting me to lose sight of God's presence, even in the ordinary events of my day.

I'm tired of that.  I'm tired of allowing life to consume me and refusing to watch for how God is working around me.  I've been going back through the study Experiencing God the last couple of weeks.  If you haven't done this study and are looking for how God speaks to you every single day, go get it immediately!  It's that amazing.  I'm learning, or re-learning, how absolutely perfect God's love is for me and that He is infinitely more interested in every single aspect of my life than I am.  He's working all around me and He speaks to me daily.  No, it's not audibly, but it's through His word, His people, prayer, and even circumstances.  I'm learning not to ask Him what His will for my life is, but to find His will and join Him there.  I feel like my idea of who God is is changing and I'm beginning to love and appreciate Him more than I ever have.  It's a great feeling.  It's great to be reminded that His love is REAL and ALIVE in us and surrounds us daily. 

I hope this encourages you as it has me.  Watch for God with me, and get excited to know what He's doing all around you!

6 comments:

Haley said...

I love that bible study too! It's great. I need to do it again too.

You are down and out, huh?

Well, I heard Pocahontas was going to be at school tomorrow. :) Be ready.

Ashley said...

I would love to hear about that Bible study sounds great. I love you Amy Browning! You rock my world!

Anonymous said...

Pocohontas! You came to school? You better not have because I didn't see you!!!!

I love you too, Ashley! :)

McKinney Madness said...

Amen!! So true and something I know I needed to hear. I get so caught up in the business of life that I don't even realize what I'm missing out on half the time. God is using you in so many ways!

Gena said...

you're the best. love you!

Katie said...

That sounds great....I would love to try that out. You are AMAZING friend!!!