Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Diets and Chocolate

I am finally admitting to the blogging world that I am on the diet train. I've spent my entire life (literally) on a diet but lately, I've been convicted to get it together...FO' REAL this time. I'm trying really hard (yes, some times more than others) to eat better and be a more health conscious eater. I've almost totally cut out fried food and try not to drink anything that's not water, diet, or sweetened with Splenda. Other than that, I'm just trying to cut out most snacks and not eat any later than 7:00. I guess I'm admitting this as some sort of accountability between myself and this computer, which happens to be inhabited by a few readers. Since the time I started about six weeks ago, I've lost 9 pounds. That's not a lot, but the positive note is that the slower it comes off the less likely it is to come back. Bottom line- I'm trying. I'm not comitted (yet anyway) to posting how much I lose each week, for fear of public embarrassment. My first step is this. Say a prayer for me and all my fellow dieters out there. It's possibly the hardest thing I've ever tried to do.

Now, having said that.......Typically, I don't crave candy bars or chocolate. I'm more of a salty kind of snacker, like wheat thins or cheeze-its. However, my mom put one of these puppies in my stocking at Christmas and my life hasn't been the same since.



I am not a Goo Goo Cluster fan, but these are PHENOMENAL! I can't begin to describe the taste. It's a mix between chocolate, caramel, toffee chunks, and a Cinnabon cinnamon roll. It's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! The good thing is, there's only 4.5 grams of fat, if my memory serves me correctly. If that's not right, it's much lower than a normal candy bar you buy at the store. I've only treated myself once since then, but these things far surpass any other candy bar in my opinion.

So, if you're trying to be good and don't want to eat a whopping 10 or 12 grams of fat worth of chocolate, try one of these! I really think you'll love it! Oh yeah, my mom found it at the DOLLAR TREE! I haven't seen them anywhere else, although I feel sure they're at Wal-Mart or your local grocery store. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Scarlett said...

I'm proud of you for doing so well so far. You can do this! And 9 pounds is an incredible start---don't make light of it! It's amazing how little changes can make a big difference. I may have to go get some of those chocolate things just to try them. (I should say try 'one' instead of 'them') :)

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Sorry my comment isn't going to be long. I'm headed to the Dollar Tree!
And 9 lbs is A LOT!! That's awesome! Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

9 pounds is excellent!! I joined www.myfooddiary.com and it is really helping me learn about what foods are good, bad, etc..Check it out if your interested. There is a few to join but its been great for me so far!

Julie Young said...

Good job Amy! 9 lbs is great!

Etta said...

I think 9 pounds is awesome. congrats. i hope things are going well for you all around. it's been too long, friend.

Katie said...

I long for one of those little things of goodness!!! They are awesome!!! And I'm so proud of you (as always)! YOU ROCK!!!

Jessa Mullen said...

GIRL... 9 pounds... That is AWESOME..
YOU GO GIRL !!